[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could the 9ers be leaving San Fran?

BiggieFries

I imagine that homeowners in the Bay Area are already paying at least $500 a month in property taxes. I wouldn't want to pay more taxes for a new stadium there, either.

I wish I could only pay $500 a month in prop tax....

I live an equal distance between Candlestick and Santa Clara so the location isn't a big deal. I understand the infrastructure problem, and York doesn't want to pay for improvements to Candlestick point that would have to be made, when Santa Clara already has most of them in place. Candlestick has a limited area to build on, and to accomodate an 80,000 seat stadium that they have been discussing, and underground parking garage would have to be built. The problem with constructing at Candlestick is the Bay mud soil condition that means big bucks to construct, and anything undergound would probably need pumping and not to mention more costly seismic considerations.

With that said I'm a tradtionalist and hate to see teams move from their homes. The City of SF should be ashamed if they don't do whatever they can to keep the team within their City limits. John York was smart to pit the fans against the City by saying the location will take away from the fan experience due to the loss of tailgating.