[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Trade Advice - Jamal Lewis for Thomas Jones and Greg Jennings

marchin419

Hi All,

I was offered a pretty enticing offer and I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on this trade offered to me

In a 12 team league, I lead my division 6-3 but the the leading team in my league (8-1) has made the following offer to me.

He is offering me Thomas Jones and Greg Jennings for Jamal Lewis. I would then drop Rashied Davis. Do I pull the trigger on this? Have you heard anything on Thomas Jones/Cedric Benson...should I be worried about Jones... my major concern is that if the Bears clinch early then Thomas Jones may sit and and Cedric Benson would start.

I think he knows the same thing and that is why he is offering this to me. His other 2 starting RBs are Tiki and Warrick Dunn and he is stacked at WR with Marvin Harrison, Darrell Jackson, and Greg Lewis. So basically Jennings sits on his bench and doing this trade guarantees that his 3rd RB wont be benched...

After all is said and done...if I do this trade, my final team will look like this...let me know your thoughts and if it is a green light...

Starters

Peyton Manning

Fred Taylor, Westbrook, Thomas Jones

Joey Galloway, Donte Stallworth, Jennings

Kellen Winslow

Jags D

John Kasay

Bench

Ben Roethlesberger

Wali Lundy

Chris Henry, Kevin Curtis, Santonio Holmes

Heath Miller

To make matters even more interesting, I told him I would prefer to do the trade on Monday since I was hoping to have Jamal this weekend against a week Tennessee defense. He is pretty determined to get this trade done now so that he doesnt have Jones this weekend against the Giants defense. That being said he offered to make a gentleman's agreement with me where he said that he would make the trade now with Fred Taylor (instead of Jamal) for Jennings and Thomas Jones and then after the weekend we could finalize the trade by trading Jamal for Fred Taylor. I guess he really doesnt want to start Thomas Jones against the Giants defense.

The fact that he doesn't want Thomas Jones and is so persistent in getting rid of him (he offered him to everyone else i the league too) makes me suspicious of if I should take him.

What are your thoughts?

I would take the trade but make him give you Darrell Jackson and Thomas Jones for Jamal Lewis and give him Curtis or Holmes then turn around and secure Benson if you can, so you have both Bears RB's. If he won't give up Jackson then take the trade only if you can get Benson off the waiver wire.

Hope this helps

Cedric Benson was drafted and is still owned by another manager so probably going to be hard to get him. You have to remember that this team is the #1 team and is usually the highest scorer every other week and so he doesnt need to make any trades and is content with his starting WRs so Darell Jackson is out of the question...I asked for Marv in the beginning of our talks and made him a 2 for 1 offer which he counteroffered me with the deal at hand...

I guess my question is...will lewis keep it up under the new offense and will thomas jones start once the Bears clinch...and is adding jennings to my roster worth the possible benching of jones?