[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week #11, Bulger or Grossman?

Well Bulger lost Pace for the year and plays at Carolina.

Inconsistent Rex plays at the Jets.

Bulger or Grossman?

Track Record:

Played Rex at the Cards (bombed) when Bulger threw for 360 & 3 TDs vs the Seahawks earlier in the year.

Played Bulger this week against the Seahawks (bombed) and Rex threw 3 TDs against the GMen.

1 pt. for 25 yards passing, 6 pt. TDs, 1 pt. for 10 yards rushing

Well Bulger lost Pace for the year and plays at Carolina.

Inconsistent Rex plays at the Jets.

Bulger or Grossman?

Track Record:

Played Rex at the Cards (bombed) when Bulger threw for 360 & 3 TDs vs the Seahawks earlier in the year.

Played Bulger this week against the Seahawks (bombed) and Rex threw 3 TDs against the GMen.

1 pt. for 25 yards passing, 6 pt. TDs, 1 pt. for 10 yards rushing

I'd go with Bulger, Grossman is too inconsistent and might end up hurting your team. But the other side of the risk is that he could -- possibly -- have a huge game. Bulger should do very well though, regardless of his opponent, especially with his solid WR core he's throwing to.

Well, that is what I did last week. Started the consistent performers.

So I started Bulger over Grossman and TJ Housh over Chad and left over 50 points on my bench that would have put me in total points contention!

Ahhh, but you didn't adhere to the ASYS theory. I think you're a bit confused. Start CJ from here on out, as he should never have been on your bench, regardless of his slow start. Same applies at QB, although the Pace thing could be something to keep an eye on, but unless the matchup is terrible, I'd always start Bulger over Grossman, and 9 out of 10 times you'll be better off.

Ahhh, but you didn't adhere to the ASYS theory. I think you're a bit confused. Start CJ from here on out, as he should never have been on your bench, regardless of his slow start.

Yeah, but is half a season a slow start or a true measure? CJ sucked (not in top 30 WRs in the league) for the first half of the season until this breakout game.

I do understand where you're coming from but frankly I had downgraded CJ from stud status by last week...especially with incredibly productive Andre Johnson who I had elevated to stud status AND Javon Walker who I wouldn't quite call a stud (mostly due to Plummer) but has been very solid and is without a doubt a top 10 fantasy WR at this point.

I really don't know what I do now picking 2 of these 3 when all 3 are arguably studs depending on your definition.

Yeah, but is half a season a slow start or a true measure? CJ sucked (not in top 30 WRs in the league) for the first half of the season until this breakout game.

I do understand where you're coming from but frankly I had downgraded CJ from stud status by last week...especially with incredibly productive Andre Johnson who I had elevated to stud status AND Javon Walker who I wouldn't quite call a stud (mostly due to Plummer) but has been very solid and is without a doubt a top 10 fantasy WR at this point.

I really don't know what I do now picking 2 of these 3 when all 3 are arguably studs depending on your definition.

Yeah, it's a tough call. But I tend to adhere to starting players who have historically been studs, unless something has drastically changed like a trade or a coach or a new system. CJ's a stud, despite his slow start, and he showed it last week. The Bengals passing game has struggled, but I still wouldn't bench him. Not over traditionally inconsistent players like AJ or Walker who's in a new system with a terrible QB. Again, you won't always be right, but your chances for success should improve. JMHO.

Well I played Bulger today. We can officially take Bulger off the ASYS list especially when he plays on the road against a good defense. Grossman didn't fare much better but he does have a score.

Wurd. But I'd still continue to start Bulger. Like I would have continued to start CJ. And that one would have paid off.