[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Give up Rudy for Addai?

smithta3

In my keeper league, I'm out of the running for the playoffs this season and am looking at giving up Rudy Johnson to a contender in exchange for Joseph Addai.

I feel that Rudy is more reliable, but Addai has more upside, and I feel like taking the risk. However, I'm a huge Colts fan, and that may be clouding my judgement. Your thoughts?

Sort of a tough call. You know what you're getting with Rudi and probably will get that for 2-3 more years with solid consistancy. Adai has looked great as a rookie at times but you really don't know how well he'll do next year and the year after or if the Colts will decide to pick up a free agent stud RB or to draft another one next year and throw him into the mix. Personally, I think giving up Rudi for Adai is a bit much in a keeper league... but I'm not a Colts fan.

There is some risk sure, but I think it's a good one to take. I don't see the Colts going out to burn cap money on a pricey FA RB with a promising youngster doing well right now. And I also think Rhodes will be less and less a part of the mainstay offense as time goes on, even this year and by next year might be altogether out of the picture. Rudi is fairly solid, but Addai has the possibility of being better, and for a longer time. It's far from a no-brainer, but I would do it if I had Rudi and was out of the running. And I'm not clouded by Colts fandom, just my opinion.

Edited by Snoil

Sort of a tough call. You know what you're getting with Rudi and probably will get that for 2-3 more years with solid consistancy. Adai has looked great as a rookie at times but you really don't know how well he'll do next year and the year after or if the Colts will decide to pick up a free agent stud RB or to draft another one next year and throw him into the mix. Personally, I think giving up Rudi for Adai is a bit much in a keeper league... but I'm not a Colts fan.

+1