[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUGH trade

Avernus

ok...it's a PPR scoring league that offers bonuses for distance or performing out of position (IE: RB gets 2 pts per 10 rec. yds as opposed to only 1 pt a WR would get.. and so on..)

EDIT: QB TD's are 6-9 pts, pending on the distance...

12 team keeper 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1D/ST

my lineup:

Rivers

CTaylor

Lundy

Maroney

White

Moore

Gado

Roy W

Jennings

Henry

Bradley

Copper

Mason

Colston

Watson

Kaeding

Raiders

Colts

his lineup

Manning

Brees

Westbrook

Caddy

MBarber

Barlow

JLewis

Dayne

Musa Smith

Reg. Brown

Furrey

Jenkins

Gabriel

Shockey

Baker

Feeley

Giants

Rams

trade:

I get: Brees and Furrey

he gets: Jennings, Henry and Maroney

is giving up Maroney in a keeper worth doing this trade?...right now he is in my division tied with me at 5-5 with another team and the division leader is 6-4.....I lost the tie-breaker to all of these teams, so I am in last...

is this trade worth doing?....he'd likely start Maroney anyways...and Jennings with Henry...so we'd both benefit...

I will respond to yours in return...

Edited by Avernus

Let me ask it this way. What do you think you are gaining here? If you answer is Brees over Rivers I say not worth it. Brees on paper is better than Rivers, but is he really that much of an upgrade for you to deal a solid young RB? I say no. Rivers has a solid schedule other then Denver, and I contend that Denver at home in week 14 isn't that bad. In my league over 9 games Brees has 40 more points than Rivers. That's 4.5 more per game. I just don't think it's worth giving up that RB for a little QB upgrade.

Please see mine

Let me ask it this way. What do you think you are gaining here? If you answer is Brees over Rivers I say not worth it. Brees on paper is better than Rivers, but is he really that much of an upgrade for you to deal a solid young RB? I say no. Rivers has a solid schedule other then Denver, and I contend that Denver at home in week 14 isn't that bad. In my league over 9 games Brees has 40 more points than Rivers. That's 4.5 more per game. I just don't think it's worth giving up that RB for a little QB upgrade.

Please see mine

does the fact that QB TD's are between 6-9 pts, pending on the distance... change anything?...

I just don't see a need for you to make this deal. I don't think Brees is THAT much better than Rivers IMO. Better sure but not worth a good keeper like Maroney and a possible okay WR when healthy again in Jennings.

yeah I agree on Brees not being enough of an upgrade...I just hope that they don't need Marty Ball that much down the stretch...

Avernus - First, thanks for responding to my question. You often answer my questions - greatly appreciated.

Now to your question - I lean towards what the others are saying. At this point you don't need Brees. Rivers is doing fine. If Dillon gets hurt - Maroney could be huge for you with the schedule he has.

I hardly do trades. I know many do it often. I'm really not the person to answer to trades. Just wanted to add my thoughts since you gave me advice. Good luck!

I wouldn't do this deal for 2 reasons:

1. Rivers is not a hugh upgrade over Brees. Martyball-schmartyball. Ds have to play them honest (did you see the Cincy box score?)

2. Maroney could be a nice building block for you and should be the primary ball carrier in a run first offense.

I'd stay put.