[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As Commissioner, would you approve this trade?

The Hurtings

As the commisioner, I evaluated a trade tonight to determine if the trade was fair and if I would approve the trade. What would you have done?

TRADE

Team A trades

Shawn Alexander (92 pts per game)

Steve Smith (150 pts per game)

Mark Brunell (120 per game)

for

L. Maroney (96 pts per game)

J. Cotchery (82 pts per game)

Dallas Defense (114 pts per game)

After reviewing the trade (pts per game played, etc) I viewed the trade as unfair and not in the best interest of the league and put it for a league vote.

The outcome was 7 No Trade, 2 Trade, and 1 did not vote.

Did I make the right decision as commisioner?

Thanks

The Hurtings

As the commisioner, I evaluated a trade tonight to determine if the trade was fair and if I would approve the trade. What would you have done?

TRADE

Team A trades

for

After reviewing the trade (pts per game played, etc) I viewed the trade as unfair and not in the best interest of the league and put it for a league vote.

Thanks

The Hurtings

IMO no. If these guys wanted to make that trade it should have gone through. Who are you to say who's gonna score what for the rest of the season? no vetoes! :D

TRADE

Team A trades

for

Thanks

The Hurtings

Is this a keeper league? If it is I would say Maroney is a keeper, but so is Alexander. Perhaps the team getting Maroney is sick of Alexander and his injuries this year. Cotchery is a decent WR and Steve Smith is a stud. Also, Brunell is finished for the year (probably) and Dallas D/ST has been playing much better and is the darkhorse in the trade.

Was this trade shot down because you thought there was collusion or a breach in integrity? In essence as we speak, the trade was really Shaun Alexander and Steve Smith for Dallas, Cotchery and Maroney. I think the team that got Alexander and Smith certainly made out but did the other team fill holes? I think you should probably have let the trade go through as long as you don't think there is collusion between the two owners. Bad trades are a part of sports and fantasy sports.

if you were in a baseball fantasy league would you have vetoed the Mets getting Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir? that's an unfair trade but it went through. if those teams want to do it, then i believe they should be allowed to as long as they are genuinely trying to improve their teams. Did you ask Team B the reasons of why he thinks it will improve his team?

Edited by heydudes

If this is a keeper league, I think the deal is OK. I think there is a perception out there that Maroney is a stud in the making and Alexander is starting to decline. I'm not sure I agree but that's not the point.

But in the end, I do not believe in denying trades unless there is an obvious sign of collusion. If a team owner pays their money, he should be able to run his team how he wants. Unfortunately, unfair trades are just a part of fantasy football sometimes.