[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Wire Advice

BearcatTom

Ok, I've backed my way into the playoffs thanks to an early season push, but am looking very weak heading into the playoffs. We still have 2 weeks left in the season and I'm trying for the pts title, so I need your advice on some waiver wire and lineup decisions. My team and scoring are in my sig.

QB - Start 1

Bulger (Have) - Was a lock until recently. Late TD gave him ok stats for last week. Rib injury worrisome as is state of offensive line. Schedule is - Ariz., Chic., Oak, Wash

McNair (Have) - Just not lighting it up. Managing games when needed, and that is all. That equals low fantasy pts. Schedule is - Cincy, KC, Clev., Pitts

Waiver wire moves

Carr - Good schedule and plays from behind. Schedule - Oak, Tenn, NE, Indy

A. Smith - Potential & good schedule, but Gore taking over games. Schedule - NO, GB, Seattle, Ariz.

V. Young - Coming on strong. - Indy, Houston, Jax, @ Buff.

Here are my thoughts.

I'd drop McNair and keep Bulger.

I'd pick up Carr for the next two weeks vs Oak and Tenn, and especially in week 14, when Bulger plays Chicago.

We can make moves prior to week 15 (playoffs) so if Carr is still on fire and/or Bulger is OK, then I do nothing, otherwise if Smith is throwing well, then I pick him up for the week 16 matchup vs Ariz. when Bulger is playing Wash.

My WR corp is weak, so I'd like to drop Jax def. and pick up a WR. Here are my options:

A. Bryant, Sammie Parker, Marcus Robinson, Terrance Copper

I could pick up at least one, at maybe two if I drop Jax and R. Brown (falling off bad lately)

Thanks.

Honestly, I'd stick with Bulger and McNair. Both actually have decent upcoming schedules. Carr has been horrid lately - not even an option. If anyone, I'd pick up Young -decent schedule as well, and starting to mesh with the O.

As far as WR, if its a benchwarmer, then go with someone who has HR potential - Copper. Brees has been unreal. Hard to recommend a #4 WR, but whats left kinda makes ya go ho hum....

Honestly, I'd stick with Bulger and McNair. Both actually have decent upcoming schedules. Carr has been horrid lately - not even an option. If anyone, I'd pick up Young -decent schedule as well, and starting to mesh with the O.

As far as WR, if its a benchwarmer, then go with someone who has HR potential - Copper. Brees has been unreal. Hard to recommend a #4 WR, but whats left kinda makes ya go ho hum....

Not sure I'd agree Carr has been Horrid lately. He's had two bad weeks in week 6 & 8 (3 and -1 pts) but all other weeks has been over 12 pts as a low week. Last four games have been 16, 12, 12, 20 pts.

Young pts for the last four games were - 7, 17, 13, 30

Not sure I'd agree Carr has been Horrid lately. He's had two bad weeks in week 6 & 8 (3 and -1 pts) but all other weeks has been over 12 pts as a low week. Last four games have been 16, 12, 12, 20 pts.

Young pts for the last four games were - 7, 17, 13, 30

Look at his recent history. Carr has thrown only ONE td the passed 5 weeks! That certainly is horrid, and makes McNair's SIX tds over the same span look spectacular - which is precisely why I had to wonder about you wanting to drop McNair to begin with :D

Look at his recent history. Carr has thrown only ONE td the passed 5 weeks! That certainly is horrid, and makes McNair's SIX tds over the same span look spectacular - which is precisely why I had to wonder about you wanting to drop McNair to begin with :D

McNair's TDs are lumped into individual games. He has not produced consistently over the same time frame.

They have pretty comparable stats. The big issue with McNair is that he doesn't throw for many yds, so if he doesn't throw a TD, he scores crappy.

Carr does throw a lot of yds most weeks, so if he doesn't get a TD, then he still scores.

The real question is, do I start either of them over Bulger and his bruised ribs in week 13 and who has the better match up in week 14 when Bulger plays Chicago - McNair vs KC or Carr vs Tenn (that let McNair throw 3 TDs)?