[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lundy?

ajsdad

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.p...20Latest%20News

In a rush: One positive that emerged from Houston ’s struggles in the pass game was Ron Dayne displaying the ability to carry a team to victory. Dayne tallied 83 of his season high 95 yards in the a second half that saw the Texans turn a seven-point deficit at halftime into a nine-point win.

While Dayne has clearly earned more playing time, Kubiak said Monday that Wali Lundy will remain the starter at running back heading into this weekend against the Titans.

“We’re going to play them both,” Kubiak said of Dayne and Lundy. “Does he (Dayne) deserve a chance to get more carries? Yes, but I think Wali has done some good stuff, he has played well. I don’t think we know which day which one will run better. They’re just two different types of players and we’ll continue to use them both.”

Kubiak said that rookie Chris Taylor should be active for a game in the near future and might play as early as Sunday against the Titans. Even if Taylor is active, expect a heavy dose of Dayne in the second half where Kubiak thinks he excels, especially now that he’s healthy.

“When we got Ronnie, in all honesty, he wasn’t healthy,” Kubiak said. “Ronnie had a turf toe coming out of training camp. It took him some time to get healthy. We probably threw him out there too fast. He told me he felt as good as he felt all year heading into (yesterday), hopefully that holds true, but he’s also a big body and when a defense get’s tired at the end of the game, he’s a tough guy to tackle so I think that has a lot to do with it and that’s what happened yesterday.”