[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

P2P music download sites ie freebies

BeeR

Kazaa+ aint what it used to be but still seems to be the best. Thing that sucks is it has that upload/download ratio - ie if you download a lot and nobody is uploading from you, you get a low "rating" and can't download squat for awhile. Morpheus is OK but has even less selection. Limewire is a joke. Is WinMX still around/useful? Others?

PS spare me the "stealing music" whine. I'm looking to download music I've already bought at one time or other but only have on LP etc.

Edited by BeeR

Kazaa+ aint what it used to be but still seems to be the best. Thing that sucks is it has that upload/download ratio - ie if you download a lot and nobody is uploading from you, you get a low "rating" and can't download squat for awhile. Morpheus is OK but has even less selection. Limewire is a joke. Is WinMX still around/useful? Others?

PS spare me the "stealing music" whine. I'm looking to download music I've already bought at one time or other but only have on LP etc.

That is illegal, scum.

I use Azureus as a bit torrent client. A bit different than your usual file sharing stuff as you don't pick a person to take stuff from, there's a central server that all clients register to, all copies that are shared are "announced" here and your client will pull from all of them simultaneously.

I however, don't steal music, I download my torrents from Etree.org, a web site dedicated to music groups that allow trading of their live preformances/recordings.