[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB to Start: Grossman, Carr or A. Smith?

mlittle1105

My quarterback situation has been my Achilles heel all year. I traded for Grossman four weeks ago thinking he might be the answer to my concerns, but he has played like a turd ever since I picked him up. Last week, both he and David Carr actually racked up NEGATIVE points. :D

So here's my issue going into Week 1 of the playoffs... Should I start Grossman and hope that he will get his act together against St. Louis? Or do I go with Alex Smith or David Carr. Carr is capable of putting up decent numbers, but I'm a little shell-shocked after his performance last week. Alex Smith does not seem as capable of Carr or Grossman of having a great game, but his propensity for having a terrible game seems a little less than theirs.

Thoughts?

My quarterback situation has been my Achilles heel all year. I traded for Grossman four weeks ago thinking he might be the answer to my concerns, but he has played like a turd ever since I picked him up. Last week, both he and David Carr actually racked up NEGATIVE points. :D

So here's my issue going into Week 1 of the playoffs... Should I start Grossman and hope that he will get his act together against St. Louis? Or do I go with Alex Smith or David Carr. Carr is capable of putting up decent numbers, but I'm a little shell-shocked after his performance last week. Alex Smith does not seem as capable of Carr or Grossman of having a great game, but his propensity for having a terrible game seems a little less than theirs.

Thoughts?

I am in your position. Grossman makes me want to scream!! Carr has no defensive line, but Smith might do well this week. Out of all those bad choices I would go Smith. In the league where I have Grossman, I picked up Garcia and am playing him.

I am in your position. Grossman makes me want to scream!! Carr has no defensive line, but Smith might do well this week. Out of all those bad choices I would go Smith. In the league where I have Grossman, I picked up Garcia and am playing him.

Thanks Scorcher. Sounds like some sound thinking there. Smith is definitely the safe choice, IMO. The only drawback is that I just don't seem him having the potential for a great game which, to be honest, I'll probably need if I'm going to beat my opponent this week.

Anyone else want to offer any thinking on this?

I'd go with Smith as well....GBs defense isn't anything special, so Smith should be able to get a couple of scores. Pennington didn't seem to have much trouble with them last week.

Grossman may well be starting his last game for Chicago this weekend

I wouldn't trust Carr either...I've started him twice this year (this week I'm starting the 9th different QB on my team) and both times he got me negative points - these were games where he had been playing well and was facing a pretty good matchup. The upside is that I ended up winning both of the games somehow, but I learned my lesson with Carr - not a good FF QB - inconsitent to say the least

Cheers