[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS: QB, WR, TE

Gros Membres!

In the Super Bowl and need to do some tinkering. Let's get down to business-

QB - Pick one. Passing TDs = 4pts, 20 yds = 1 pt., INT - -1

Grossman vs. TB - Sexy Rexy lit TB up for 289 and 4 passing TDs earlier in the year vs. TB. Has shown improvement the last two games - 2 passing scores and no INTs in each. However, what is troubling here is the DET D has not allowed many points the past two weeks. There have been rumors swirling that with nothing at stake for the Bears here the starters could be sitting on the sidelines.

Garcia @ DAL - has been playing well and showing some guts. Can he do it against a Dallas D that stopped Peyton Manning? Sure, Dallas has some secondary issues and Garcia has been completing one pass play for 50+ yds. every game. Decent matchup and has the weapons in the short game (LJ Smith and Westy), intermediate (Brown) and home run (Stallworth). Right now I've got him plugged in.

Rivers @ SEA - weather conditions shouldn't be friendly but Rivers has played much better on the road this year. LT is still on a tear but is this Rivers' week to shine after LT has gotten all the accolades?

Pick one. Right now I'm leaning Garcia as he seems to be the most consistent of the bunch. :D

WR - need one to go with Chad Johnson and Steve Smith. It's PPR (1 pt. per catch), 10 receiving yds. = 1 pt.

Roy Williams vs. CHI - Roy's numbers have fallen off the past couple of weeks (last week's 1 catch for 11 yards sealed it for me.) Roy has played better at home and the Bears have nothing to play for this week. Bears CB Tillman hasn't been practicing this week (sore back).

Santana Moss @ STL - caught a TD last week and his seen his production level at around 60 yards since Campbell took over. Moss has historically been boom or bust. When looking at Roy Williams and Moss the matchup actually favors Moss in the dome. Gamble?

Right now I've got Williams plugged in as maybe he shows up this week. He got me this far. Hard to sit him for Moss. (Note: haven't played Moss all year)

TE - PPR, Rec. TDs = 6pts, 10 yds. receiving = 1pt. Pick one.

Winslow vs. TB - put some points on the board last week but hasn't scored in the last 7 games? He's due and Desmond Clark just torched the TB secondary. If Grossman and Clark can do it why not Winslow and what's that guy's name? Matchup seems to be there.

Utecht @ HOU - more of a standby but Utecht has been getting some nice play in the red zone since Clark and Stokley went out. Could be a nice start in a game that should get out of hand quickly (and with Addai banged up - walking boot).

Winslow seems to be the guy here and maybe this is the week he and Anderson make some noise against a depleted TB D.

Thanks and I'll get you back.

In the Super Bowl and need to do some tinkering. Let's get down to business-

QB - Pick one. Passing TDs = 4pts, 20 yds = 1 pt., INT - -1

Grossman vs. TB - Sexy Rexy lit TB up for 289 and 4 passing TDs earlier in the year vs. TB. Has shown improvement the last two games - 2 passing scores and no INTs in each. However, what is troubling here is the DET D has not allowed many points the past two weeks. There have been rumors swirling that with nothing at stake for the Bears here the starters could be sitting on the sidelines.

Garcia @ DAL - has been playing well and showing some guts. Can he do it against a Dallas D that stopped Peyton Manning? Sure, Dallas has some secondary issues and Garcia has been completing one pass play for 50+ yds. every game. Decent matchup and has the weapons in the short game (LJ Smith and Westy), intermediate (Brown) and home run (Stallworth). Right now I've got him plugged in.

Rivers @ SEA - weather conditions shouldn't be friendly but Rivers has played much better on the road this year. LT is still on a tear but is this Rivers' week to shine after LT has gotten all the accolades?

Pick one. Right now I'm leaning Garcia as he seems to be the most consistent of the bunch. :D

WR - need one to go with Chad Johnson and Steve Smith. It's PPR (1 pt. per catch), 10 receiving yds. = 1 pt.

Roy Williams vs. CHI - Roy's numbers have fallen off the past couple of weeks (last week's 1 catch for 11 yards sealed it for me.) Roy has played better at home and the Bears have nothing to play for this week. Bears CB Tillman hasn't been practicing this week (sore back).

Santana Moss @ STL - caught a TD last week and his seen his production level at around 60 yards since Campbell took over. Moss has historically been boom or bust. When looking at Roy Williams and Moss the matchup actually favors Moss in the dome. Gamble?

Right now I've got Williams plugged in as maybe he shows up this week. He got me this far. Hard to sit him for Moss. (Note: haven't played Moss all year)

TE - PPR, Rec. TDs = 6pts, 10 yds. receiving = 1pt. Pick one.

Winslow vs. TB - put some points on the board last week but hasn't scored in the last 7 games? He's due and Desmond Clark just torched the TB secondary. If Grossman and Clark can do it why not Winslow and what's that guy's name? Matchup seems to be there.

Utecht @ HOU - more of a standby but Utecht has been getting some nice play in the red zone since Clark and Stokley went out. Could be a nice start in a game that should get out of hand quickly (and with Addai banged up - walking boot).

Winslow seems to be the guy here and maybe this is the week he and Anderson make some noise against a depleted TB D.

Thanks and I'll get you back.

As much as I hope Dallas KILLS philly they can and will be beat deep. I like Garcia the most from these choices.

I'd have to start Williams over Moss. He's the obvious #1 and Chicago's D iss banged up to say the least.

Hey -- you're as bad as I am with the detailed analyses in your questions. :D

Anyway...

QB -- Garcia seems like a no-brainer to me. He's been very consistent lately, will be

playing in what could easily be a high scoring game, and has a good matchup. Rivers

obviously plays 2nd fiddle to LT, and I wouldn't even consider Grossman

WR -- neither one is a great choice, although both have decent upsides. I think you have to

go with Williams, especially in a PPR league. With no running game at all, Kitna

may complete a lot of short passes; especially when Chicago is in their prevent defense

late. Moss obviously could catch a long-ball, but I expect the Redskins to use a steady

dose of Betts and not throw the ball very much. That's really the difference -- Detroit

has no RB to get the ball ahead of Roy.

TE -- you have to go Winslow. He's obviously a much better player, and the Bucs are

terrible at defending against TE's in general (not just Desmond Clark). Houston, on the

other hand, defenses TE's well. And again, Utecht will just get the leftovers from all the

Colts' studs; Winslow has much less competition for balls and hopefully will remember

that he's a player...

Good luck!!!

Hey -- you're as bad as I am with the detailed analyses in your questions. :D

Winslow has much less competition for balls and hopefully will remember

that he's a player...

Keep the analyses coming. But wait, isn't Winslow a Souldja?! Last time to go there, at least for this season. Thanks, fellas.