[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Top 25

billay

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Pac is a lock for 6 - decent shot at 7 - 7/10 ain't too shabby

I see 3 locks (UCLA. Wash St, and Oregon) and four other teams with a shot. USC and Arizona are likely IN. Stanford, and Washington are far from guaranteed. Good luck.

Edited by Vinatieri Is God

I see 3 locks (UCLA. Wash St, and Oregon) and four other teams with a shot. USC and Arizona are likely IN. Stanford, and Washington are far from guaranteed. Good luck.

Wrong.

UCLA, WSU, OU, ARIZONA, USC, Stanford all will be in - UW took a tough loss last night, and has a tough road - Your a fool if you don't think the PAC isn't strong this year. 5 teams in the top 25 -

ACC?

UNC and a bunch of mediocre squads. BC sure handled their biz at home last night......

Wake up from your dream world. First off, I never said the Pac-10 was down this year. Nor do I think they are bad. I just cant fathom how you can, with a straight face, think you've got 6 teams locked up. Stanford has six games left. 2 gimmes (Ore St & AZ St) and 4 potential losses (Ore, UCLA, USC, & AZ). Wash has 5 games left. 1 gimme (Ore St) and 4 potential losses (Pitt, Ore, USC, UCLA). If form holds, Stanford finishes the season 17-12 and loses 6 of its last 8 games and Washington finishes 17-13 and loses 5 of its last 6. Do you honestly believe either of those teams will get in with those records? You are nuts. There are 9 teams in the ACC that have 17 wins already and will finish with 19 minimum and at least one of them isn't getting in.

Like I said, you have 3 locks, 2 others who are more than likely IN, and 2 with a lot of work to do. Wash and/or Stanford have to pull off 2 legitimate upsets each to even gain consideration.

Don't get all pissy and fire back some derogatory comment that is childish and inflammatory just because you don't like the answer. Sometimes the truth and fact based opinion hurts. Especially when it contradicts a homer's love for his conference.

Root all you want for the Pac 10. As a fan that's your responsibility, but don't miss the forest for the trees just because you want to believe you're better than you are.

:D Pac is a lock for 6 - decent shot at 7 - 7/10 ain't too shabby

what ya'll got now- 15 team conference?

fyi - they are neck and neck in the RPI -

Not following hoops that much since my Tigers have fallen on hard times, but didn't I read somewhere that the SEC has the highest RPI. Despite that the SEC may only get 4 teams in.

Wake up from your dream world. First off, I never said the Pac-10 was down this year. Nor do I think they are bad. I just cant fathom how you can, with a straight face, think you've got 6 teams locked up. Stanford has six games left. 2 gimmes (Ore St & AZ St) and 4 potential losses (Ore, UCLA, USC, & AZ). Wash has 5 games left. 1 gimme (Ore St) and 4 potential losses (Pitt, Ore, USC, UCLA). If form holds, Stanford finishes the season 17-12 and loses 6 of its last 8 games and Washington finishes 17-13 and loses 5 of its last 6. Do you honestly believe either of those teams will get in with those records? You are nuts. There are 9 teams in the ACC that have 17 wins already and will finish with 19 minimum and at least one of them isn't getting in.

Like I said, you have 3 locks, 2 others who are more than likely IN, and 2 with a lot of work to do. Wash and/or Stanford have to pull off 2 legitimate upsets each to even gain consideration.

Don't get all pissy and fire back some derogatory comment that is childish and inflammatory just because you don't like the answer. Sometimes the truth and fact based opinion hurts. Especially when it contradicts a homer's love for his conference.

Root all you want for the Pac 10. As a fan that's your responsibility, but don't miss the forest for the trees just because you want to believe you're better than you are.

:D

Do you even realize the PAC 10 has 5 teams in the top 25? Yet, you have them with 3 locks? solid

Please do not come at me as some blind Pac 10 homer- I call em like I see em- and I love college hoops.

Have you even looked at the RPI? SEC, ACC, PAC 10 are all separated by .007 - not much.

This is not news to anyone that follow NCAA hoops - no dream world here, my man. 3 locks? your outta your mind - UCLA, WSU, OU, UA, USC AND STAN ARE IN. PERIOD. Come at me with knowledge- damn.

do your homework, seriously. Your comment on Sanford needing 2 pull 2 upsets to get in is so far offbase it is laughable. Wash has work to do - and is a longshot- I have said that from the get-go.

Stanford IS IN :D

H - OSU (W), OU (W), ASU (W), UA (L)

A- USC (L) UCLA (L) -

that gets them 10 wins in the conference - period.

Wash has a shot if they show well vs. Pitt, and sweep OSU, USC (h), UCLA(h) doable.... it would get them to 9 wins in the conference.

Edited by wildcat2334

:D

Do you even realize the PAC 10 has 5 teams in the top 25? Yet, you have them with 3 locks? solid

Please do not come at me as some blind Pac 10 homer- I call em like I see em- and I love college hoops.

Have you even looked at the RPI? SEC, ACC, PAC 10 are all separated by .007 - not much.

This is not news to anyone that follow NCAA hoops - no dream world here, my man. 3 locks? your outta your mind - UCLA, WSU, OU, UA, USC AND STAN ARE IN. PERIOD. Come at me with knowledge- damn.

do your homework, seriously. Your comment on Sanford needing 2 pull 2 upsets to get in is so far offbase it is laughable. Wash has work to do - and is a longshot- I have said that from the get-go.

Stanford IS IN :D

H - OSU (W), OU (W), ASU (W), UA (L)

A- USC (L) UCLA (L) -

that gets them 10 wins in the conference - period.

Wash has a shot if they show well vs. Pitt, and sweep OSU, USC (h), UCLA(h) doable.... it would get them to 9 wins in the conference.

You also claimed to love college football and carried on an on about the Pac 10 supremacy on those boards for months. I don't recall seeing a post from you congratulating the Big East (5-0) or the SEC (6-3) after the bowl season even though your mighty Pac 10 was only 3-3. Believe what you want just be a man about it if you end up being wrong.

You also claimed to love college football and carried on an on about the Pac 10 supremacy on those boards for months. I don't recall seeing a post from you congratulating the Big East (5-0) or the SEC (6-3) after the bowl season even though your mighty Pac 10 was only 3-3. Believe what you want just be a man about it if you end up being wrong.

Naw-I just claimed it was better than the Big 10 or Big 12- which it was.

I gave credit to the SEC all year long as being the best conference3. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

anyway, starting to get fired up for March madness. Cannot wait - how in the world college football has missed the boat on this is a whole nother story.

anyway, starting to get fired up for March madness. Cannot wait - how in the world college football has missed the boat on this is a whole nother story.

Excellent!! I am too. My favorite month of the year. College hoop during the day, St Patty's Day and my birthday. Needless to say I have some vacation days already set aside.

BTW, there's a good Pac 10 article written on Page 2 of ESPN's site. It's written by Bomani Jones who I wouldn't call a college hoop "pundit" but he seems to think Stanford is for real. I'll watch them a few more times but I'm not sold right now and if they lose 6 of 8 to finish up I gotta believe they are out.

Excellent!! I am too. My favorite month of the year. College hoop during the day, St Patty's Day and my birthday. Needless to say I have some vacation days already set aside.

BTW, there's a good Pac 10 article written on Page 2 of ESPN's site. It's written by Bomani Jones who I wouldn't call a college hoop "pundit" but he seems to think Stanford is for real. I'll watch them a few more times but I'm not sold right now and if they lose 6 of 8 to finish up I gotta believe they are out.

will check it out- not sure how you figure losing 6 out of 8 with this schedule.

h - OU, ASU, UA - they will win 2 out of those 3, likely drop 1

A- USC, UCLA - likely drop both

that would have them finish 2-3, they could go 3-2. Trust me- you win 9 games in the Pac 10 you are in, 10 you are a lock. Pac 10 deserves the same respek the ACC usually gets- you go 9-7 in league play- you are in unless ur NC was brutal.

fwiw - Oregon is looking the weakest of late.

will check it out- not sure how you figure losing 6 out of 8 with this schedule.

h - OU, ASU, UA - they will win 2 out of those 3, likely drop 1

A- USC, UCLA - likely drop both

that would have them finish 2-3, they could go 3-2. Trust me- you win 9 games in the Pac 10 you are in, 10 you are a lock. Pac 10 deserves the same respek the ACC usually gets- you go 9-7 in league play- you are in unless ur NC was brutal.

fwiw - Oregon is looking the weakest of late.

Stanford has six games left. 2 gimmes (Ore St & AZ St) and 4 potential losses (Ore, UCLA, USC, & AZ). Add that to the 2 in a row they just lost and that's 6 of 8. The only one of the 4 potential losses they might be favored is Oregon.

Edit to add: they beat Ore State last night. One gimme down.

Edited by Vinatieri Is God

Well, UW is probably dead after losing to Pitt. Tough bame, they ahd their shot, and it is too bad they will miss the tourney. Because watching them play Pitt, a #2 Seed, possible #1 Seed, UW is as good as Pitt.

Those were 2 even teams playing yesterday. Such is life in college hoops, not much separation.

Why is OSU ranked higher than Wisconsin? :D

OK, so I still don't get this. OSU is 22-3, Wisconsin is 24-2 and has won more games than anyone else. Wisconsin has beaten OSU. Yet OSU is AP #2 while Wisconsin is #3.

How does this thing work again? :D

OK, so I still don't get this. OSU is 22-3, Wisconsin is 24-2 and has won more games than anyone else. Wisconsin has beaten OSU. Yet OSU is AP #2 while Wisconsin is #3.

How does this thing work again? :D

It's all about who lost last. The nice thing about college bball and the NCAA tourney is that the difference between #2 and #3 is really insignificant. Wisc and OSU will both be rewarded for good seasons, but they will have to compete for who is going to get the #1 seed closer to home.

USC loses to AZ State?? Ouch. Ore and USC going the wrong direction.

Well they are both in the tourney - and will be fine.

You wanna talk going in the wrong direction? ACC seems to be sorting intself out nicely with

Clemson and FSU officially DOA. ACC looks to get 7 Max now barring an uipset run in the conference tournet. G Tech as of now looks to be the 7th and last team in, but theor schedule is not kind to finish the season.

I predict 6 for the ACC if G Tech finishes up 6-9 in league play, which is very likely. I think GT has to be 7-8 to get in.

Well they are both in the tourney - and will be fine.

You wanna talk going in the wrong direction? ACC seems to be sorting intself out nicely with

Clemson and FSU officially DOA. ACC looks to get 7 Max now barring an uipset run in the conference tournet. G Tech as of now looks to be the 7th and last team in, but theor schedule is not kind to finish the season.

I predict 6 for the ACC if G Tech finishes up 6-9 in league play, which is very likely. I think GT has to be 7-8 to get in.

I tend to agree. It looks like we should have a lock on 6 (UNC, UVA, VT, BC, Duke & UMD) and the next 3, depending on how things go could all find themselves in or out. FSU has the best remaining schedule and could finish @ 8-8 in conference. Ga Tech and Clemson have much more difficult schedules. Even if Clemson can get to 20 wins, they don't have any marquee wins to speak of. Crazy to think that a team could open the season with 16 straight wins and not make the tourney.