[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fireplace in your Palace

nuke'em ttg

We have three wood burning fireplaces. They are located in the living room, family room and bedroom. The living room has a wood bin drawer that is really cool. I holds about a dozen logs. The previous owners put in a wood shed that holds 4 cords of wood and located on the deck right off the family room. It was stocked with about 3 cords when we moved in. So, all is good, but when it comes time to pay for and stock that wood shed with firewood again, I may be wishing for gas. We hardly used our fireplace when we lived in California, but now we are in Bend, OR, which is located desert side of the Cascade Mountains. Last week it got down to 9 below (although today we were at 53 degrees and played golf instead of skiing on the ice at Mt. Bachelor). We can have snow in May so the fireplace is used about 9 months a year.

If you do put in a wood burning fireplace, be sure to get a gas starter. So much easier and instant fire.

We have three wood burning fireplaces. They are located in the living room, family room and bedroom. The living room has a wood bin drawer that is really cool. I holds about a dozen logs. The previous owners put in a wood shed that holds 4 cords of wood and located on the deck right off the family room. It was stocked with about 3 cords when we moved in. So, all is good, but when it comes time to pay for and stock that wood shed with firewood again, I may be wishing for gas. We hardly used our fireplace when we lived in California, but now we are in Bend, OR, which is located desert side of the Cascade Mountains. Last week it got down to 9 below (although today we were at 53 degrees and played golf instead of skiing on the ice at Mt. Bachelor). We can have snow in May so the fireplace is used about 9 months a year.

If you do put in a wood burning fireplace, be sure to get a gas starter. So much easier and instant fire.

Yup......Gas line's already there.........that was the only downside back in the day gettin the fire goin did take some time......crumpled up newspapers, those sawdust biscuits starters weren't bad but $........ :D

You got any farm ponds on that land?

I'll leave a couple of cases of beer on your land for fishing priviliges. :D

8 in fact, 5 of them are stocked. Bass, Bluegill and Catfish. I had around a 3-5 lb Bass snap my line as I reached out to grab him this past summer......will always use a net from now on :D

With 500 acres of land I'm bettin' ya have a TURKEY problem. :D Can't be too careful. They are BIRDS ya know. And that darn Asian-bird-flu that kills people could possibly become a problem with TOO MANY TURKEYS around. For a small fee I will come out, say around the middle of April, and check out your situation and, ahem, make sure there's nuthin' too dangerous in those woods. For a small fee. Shoot, for a fellow Huddler, I'll do it for FREE! :D

:bash:

Oh theres a Turkey problem alright......too damn many of them!!!!!!!!! If your serious PM me.

Well it's set then. A Huddle free for all on Hat Trick's land this spring. :D

I'll bring the beer, you bring the guns, muck will bring the spreadsheets, and Hat Trick provides the land.

:D Sounds like a good time....my only request is that I get to tape one of your hunts. :bash: