[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade CDs

loaf

not yet but I signed up

I did too, I already traded a disc. That was quick. Looks like the send you an envelope like netflix, so it's fairly easy.

The question is, will you get the CD's in decent condition, & with cover art, insert booklets, etc? :D

I did too, I already traded a disc. That was quick. Looks like the send you an envelope like netflix, so it's fairly easy.

The question is, will you get the CD's in decent condition, & with cover art, insert booklets, etc? :D

let us know!

let us know!

Will do. I liked this as well:

"Up to 20% of every trade goes to support the artist. We believe that artists should benefit when people are enjoying their music, even if it's trading used CDs. After all, if it weren't for them we'd be very sad."

Edited by Bonehand

Will do. I liked this as well:

"Up to 20% of every trade goes to support the artist. We believe that artists should benefit when people are enjoying their music, even if it's trading used CDs. After all, if it weren't for them we'd be very sad."

that's dumb. like madonna needs any more money.

I do not buy many CD's but I get a few from time to time. I go to the Pawn Shops, they have tons of them and are very cheap. I usually pay $1 -$2 apiece. You have to have a little time to search through them though. Most are in no order what so ever. There is one I go to though that has a master list by artist but they charge $3 each. Still a good deal. Check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, here's my review as promised. This appears to be a pretty cool deal so far. To begin, La La sends you out a starter kit with 5 clamshell cases, & 5 netflix style envelopes just large enough for a clam shell & CD art.

The site has a huge database of cd's, where you designate what you either "want" or "have". It uses your collection to recommend other choices to you as well. Once someone requests one of your cd's, you decide to either keep it, in which case it will be unavailable for future requests, or to ship it. If you decide to ship, it gives you the address, you write it on the envelope, put in the cd & art, seal it up & drop it in the mailbox. No fuss, no muss.

So far I've sent out 8 cd's, & have received my first cd in return, with 2 more in route. The cd I received was in fine condition, with the front booklet included, but no tray art. I have designated my account as being for "CD's with art only" but that only counts for the booklet according to their rules. I have added a standing request for tray art on my address page, so hopefully that will help.

The only downside so far is that if you have esoteric tastes, cd trades may be slow in coming, but I would guess that will improve as more people sign up. That and there is little to no immediate gratification to be had. But If you want to trade cd's on the cheap, check it out. I give it the tentative Bonehand seal of approval. :D