[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Trade

webbnathan

I posted this awhile back and I still don't know what to freaking do! My current 3 keepers from last years team would be Vick at QB, Gore and RB and Fitz. at WR (can only keep 1 at one position). I would be letting go of R. Brown and D. Jackson. Another team I've been talking to has P. Manning, P. Rivers, Maroney, Addai and NO good WR's. Our initial trade talk was P. Manning for Gore and D. Jackson. That would give me as my keepers P. Manning, R. Brown and Fitz.

Another rule we have in our league is you can keep a rookie you drafted last year, and lose the spot you drafted them in next years draft. I currently have D. Williams that I was thinking of keeping. I added to the trade talks of giving him Vick for Addai in which he said he would be interested in. He thinks Vick would be a slight upgrade from Rivers and since he's getting Gore, he can only keep 1 rookie now. So know my team would be:

with the trade:

P. Manning

R. Brown

Fitz.

Addai

without the trade:

Vick

Gore

Fitz.

D. Williams

Any thoughts??? I really hate to give up Gore, that's what is holding me back. I'm unsure on Brown!!!!

He also has Maroney and he has basically said I can pick either on, Addai or Maroney for the trade. You guys still stick with Addai or Maroney?

well Maroney has a lot potential, but it is still unclear whether Dillon will remain the starter. Do you have to make the trade right now?

if not, i would wait to see who will get the carries in New England, but it seems like Addai has overtaken Rhodes where Maroney is still splitting carries

just wait and see what happens

Kind of want to make the trade before he has second thoughts or someone else gets ahold of him. I really don't think either is wrong, although I would have Manning and Addai on my team so will kind of live and die on the O production of the Colts, so that's why Maroney might be a good option just to have someone different on another team. I think either one is an upgrade over D. Williams who I currently have.

I posted this awhile back and I still don't know what to freaking do! My current 3 keepers from last years team would be Vick at QB, Gore and RB and Fitz. at WR (can only keep 1 at one position). I would be letting go of R. Brown and D. Jackson. Another team I've been talking to has P. Manning, P. Rivers, Maroney, Addai and NO good WR's. Our initial trade talk was P. Manning for Gore and D. Jackson. That would give me as my keepers P. Manning, R. Brown and Fitz.

Another rule we have in our league is you can keep a rookie you drafted last year, and lose the spot you drafted them in next years draft. I currently have D. Williams that I was thinking of keeping. I added to the trade talks of giving him Vick for Addai in which he said he would be interested in. He thinks Vick would be a slight upgrade from Rivers and since he's getting Gore, he can only keep 1 rookie now. So know my team would be:

with the trade:

P. Manning

R. Brown

Fitz.

Addai

without the trade:

Vick

Gore

Fitz.

D. Williams

Any thoughts??? I really hate to give up Gore, that's what is holding me back. I'm unsure on Brown!!!!

Manning to Vick- Even those that criticize Vick admit he is a fantasy stud. With the new ATL offense being completely built around Vick I believe the dent between Vick and Manning will be small.

Brown to Gore- Gore is my boy. Definetely a downgrade here. With Norv back trading Gore would be a very dumb mistake.

Fitz to Fitz- Interesting.

Addai to D. Williams- Williams was my choice for ROY. While he definetely disappointed, that didn't come from picking a name out of a hat. Addai is an upgrade and the dual RB is nice but I just don't like the dealing of Gore at all.

Keep Gore.

Manning to Vick- Even those that criticize Vick admit he is a fantasy stud. With the new ATL offense being completely built around Vick I believe the dent between Vick and Manning will be small.

Vick does have his good games from time to time, but he also has some horrible games mixed in.

He is a very athletic QB, but i think considering him a fantasy stud is going a bit too far

I posed this question on the ESPN board and every single person said I would be stupid if I didn't pull the trigger on this deal TODAY. As one said, I would be getting a/the top QB with 3 of the best young studs in the league. I think the fantasy football gods have spoken........next years starters before we draft:

P. Manning

R. Brown

Fitz

Addai

I posed this question on the ESPN board and every single person said I would be stupid if I didn't pull the trigger on this deal TODAY. As one said, I would be getting a/the top QB with 3 of the best young studs in the league. I think the fantasy football gods have spoken........next years starters before we draft:

P. Manning

R. Brown

Fitz

Addai

so i was right all along :D

I definitely like that trade for you... nicely done!

Yea, think it's good, I started looking at it like, I'm starting off with 3 of the top 12-14 players that are going to be taken in next years fantasy drafts (Manning, Brown, Addai) or 4 of the top 15-17 players taken (add in Fitz.) to my team. I think that's something hard to say is bad.