[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just a warning for those Huddlers...

TheGrunt

:D

Google's YouTube and a company called Live Digital will offer no refuge to users who uploaded pirated copies of Fox Television's "24" and "The Simpsons" onto their video platforms.

In an e-mail to internetnews.com, a 20th Century Fox Television spokesperson said that Google and Live Digital complied with subpoenas issued by the U.S. District Court in Northern California and disclosed to Fox the identities of two individuals who illegally uploaded entire episodes of "24" prior to its broadcast and DVD release.

According to copies of the subpoena applications, Fox found this season's first four episodes of "24" on LiveDigital and YouTube on Jan. 8, a full week before they were to air for the first time in the U.S.

Fox said a YouTube user who goes by the handle "ECOTtotal" uploaded 12 episodes of the popular animated show "The Simpsons." The LiveDigital user's display name was "Jorge Romero."

"We intend to use the information provided to pursue all available legal remedies against those who infringed our copyrights," 20th Century Fox Television Vice President of Media Relations Chris Alexander told internetnews.com.

The U.S. District Court first instructed Google and Live Digital to produce identifying information in identical subpoenas, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, issued Jan. 24 after L.A. law firm Loeb & Loeb filed them for Fox on Jan. 18.

Since Google purchased YouTube for $1.56 billion last fall, the company has been besieged by similar complaints of copyright infringement.

Last week, for example, media giant Viacom demanded YouTube take down 100,000 clips, including content from MTV, Comedy Central and other networks.

Viacom said "it has become clear that YouTube is unwilling to come to a fair market agreement" on content distribution.

Some media companies have been more congenial. According to a Google spokesperson, of the big four music labels, only EMI is yet to sign a revenue-sharing deal with Google.

And today, Digital Music Group announced it entered into an agreement with Google to make more than 4,000 hours of video content and approximately 40,000 music recordings available to the YouTube community.

DMGI currently owns or controls the digital distribution rights to classic television episodes of "Gumby," "I Spy," "My Favorite Martian," "Peter Gunn" and more.

So far it looks like only two seperate user names have been given up by YouTube and other sources, but I don't know the extent of how far 20th Century Fox is going to take this. I assume they won't be able to get everyone, but they'll go after the frequent downloaders. Just an FYI. :D

I assume they won't be able to get everyone, but they'll go after the frequent downloaders. Just an FYI. :D

No were does it say anything about people who downloaded the video. They are going after the people who uploaded the video, especially the ones who uploaded the episode(s) prior to even airing on television.

No were does it say anything about people who downloaded the video. They are going after the people who uploaded the video, especially the ones who uploaded the episode(s) prior to even airing on television.

:D A total brain fart there. I confused upload with download. My bad. :D

Looks like Huddlers are off the hook then. :bash: