[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wealthy American Arthur Blank

Pope Flick

Let's recap the events leading to Vick's near arrest:

Here's the story as it first appeared on Jan 17/18.

Interesting quote of note:

It could be weeks before any decision is made on whether to file charges, said police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta.

"We'll do an analysis and see what it is. There's no sense of urgency to it," he said Thursday.

On Jan 19th, this quote of note:

Falcons owner Arthur Blank, general manager Rich McKay and new coach Bobby Petrino met with Vick, who left team headquarters without speaking to reporters. McKay described Blank as being "upset" with the quarterback, whose $137 million contract was the richest in the NFL when Vick signed it three years ago.

One week later: the tape has been earased and charges dropped.

What's even more amazing to me was how ALL news dropped the story pretty much right away, without any of them saying "what happened to the few weeks it was going to take?"

Now, that my friends is WEALTH: to keep the face of your franchise from dragging it through the tabloid ringer in the 2 weeks leading up to the SB. Oh, what a phone call can do. :D

Ot most certainly is a story: they go from definitely needing weeks to finalize testing of the substance, then within a week everything is dropped, there's no further word on what the substance was and the tape is erased.

Arthur Blank and his ability as a billionaire is now the story.

Ot most certainly is a story: they go from definitely needing weeks to finalize testing of the substance, then within a week everything is dropped, there's no further word on what the substance was and the tape is erased.

+1

It's interesting how wealthy people like Blank and the Kennedy family can make sure-fire felony convictions vanish into thin air. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

:tup: there are a LOT of rich, influential people who own sports franchises. and yet, there are a LOT of pro athletes who get busted for things a lot worse than carrying a trick water bottle. yet blank the only one with enough pull to get HIS guy off on menial misdemeanor charges? either that, or you're just being a conspiracist momotard on yet another issue. hmm :D

i know what occam's razor would suggest here--> :D:doh:

If that was a small compartment in the bottom of a waterbottle the amount recovered from there would not rise to felony levels. I thought I read that it was mostly residue. Either way unless it was packaged for sale or a very large amount of Ganja it's a misdemeanor no matter how much cash someone throws at it.

a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with Josh Gordon,"

No way this puts Vick near a Felony.

Not that it makes it ok, just a matter of degrees

Edited by Mojo20

Examples please, really.

How many owners are solo billionaires? Snyder? Cuban? Snyder's had to deal with his stuff, but NOT with the Franchise Player and NOT during the 'fill the dead space time just prior to the championship game' window.

Blank picked up the phone and did something to alleviate his embarassment. With all the stories that got OUT of Dallas how many has JJ prevented from getting out? These things happen, you know.

If that was a small compartment in the bottom of a waterbottle the amount recovered from there would not rise to felony levels. I thought I read that it was mostly residue. Either way unless it was packaged for sale or a very large amount of Ganja it's a misdemeanor no matter how much cash someone throws at it.

I'm no legal expert, but trying to smuggle even a small amount of pot past a TSA checkpoint onto a plane headed to a foreign country is probably a little more serious than getting busted with joint in one's pocket in the subway.

I'm no legal expert, but trying to smuggle even a small amount of pot past a TSA checkpoint onto a plane headed to a foreign country is probably a little more serious than getting busted with joint in one's pocket in the subway.

Well, he was going from Miami to Atlanta, BUT I think it is a crime that reaches a federal level since you are A) intending to croos state boundaries and B ) this stuff is FAA territory.

In the article it said they found black particles and a strong smell of Mary jane in the bottle. Hardly evidence that he was intending to take anything (since there was nothing actually in the secret compartment) across state lines or into any FAA jurisdiction.

But hey why let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.

• 5 months later...
:tup: there are a LOT of rich, influential people who own sports franchises. and yet, there are a LOT of pro athletes who get busted for things a lot worse than carrying a trick water bottle. yet blank the only one with enough pull to get HIS guy off on menial misdemeanor charges? either that, or you're just being a conspiracist momotard on yet another issue. hmm :D

i know what occam's razor would suggest here--> :D:doh:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...722vickbio.html

After two friends with Vick pocketed someone else's fancy watch at the Atlanta airport, the owner said a Falcons executive offered him money to keep Vick's name out of a police report.

Spencer later said that Johnson and the officers kept him in a room for several hours, apparently less interested in retrieving his watch than in protecting Vick. He said Johnson asked him "what would make me happy." At one point in the conversation, records say, Johnson offered Spencer as much as $1,000.

The woman's lawyer took sworn statements from Vick, his friend Quanis Phillips and his doctors. But in April 2006, with the case headed to trial, the woman asked a judge to dismiss her lawsuit. She and Vick had reached a settlement. Its terms and several thick files, including Vick's deposition, were permanently sealed.

The settlement also precluded the woman and her lawyer from saying anything about the case, or Vick.

pwned.

:tup: are you serious? :D someone in vick's entourage snags a guy's watch at the airport, and someone tries to give him a $1000 for the watch to keep him from pressing charges, and you think this is PROOF of your conspiracist assertion that bribes from arthur blank's billions have kept the fuzz off of vick? maybe you haven't been paying attention to the news the last couple weeks... :D

:tup: are you serious? :D someone in vick's entourage snags a guy's watch at the airport, and someone from the Falcons orangization tries to give him a $1000 for the watch to keep him from pressing charges, and you think this is PROOF of your conspiracist assertion that bribes from arthur blank's billions have kept the fuzz off of vick? maybe you haven't been paying attention to the news the last couple weeks... :D

fixed

:tup: are you serious? :D someone in vick's entourage snags a guy's watch at the airport, and someone tries to give him a $1000 for the watch to keep him from pressing charges, and you think this is PROOF of your conspiracist assertion that bribes from arthur blank's billions have kept the fuzz off of vick? maybe you haven't been paying attention to the news the last couple weeks... :D

So the best you have is the use of more smilies and trying to equate sneaking some bud aboard an airplane with all types of Federal charges, many of which we haven't even heard yet.

pwned, again.

So the best you have is the use of more smilies and trying to equate sneaking some bud aboard an airplane with all types of Federal charges, many of which we haven't even heard yet.

pwned, again.

and the best you have is equating paying some dude a thousand bucks for his rolex with a level of bribery and corrurption that is unique in all of sports to arthur blank and his billions of dollars.

pwned? i'll say...

and the best you have is equating paying some dude a thousand bucks for his rolex with a level of bribery and corrurption that is unique in all of sports to arthur blank and his billions of dollars.

pwned? i'll say...

Which was something you clearly stated couldn't be happening, or we'd hear about it. Now you hear about it and dismiss it. Not surprised, really.

Which was something you clearly stated couldn't be happening, or we'd hear about it. Now you hear about it and dismiss it. Not surprised, really.

well hey, if you think compensating a guy for a lost/stolen watch is proof of billionaire arthur blank's conspiracy to bribe law enforcement away from his QB (the week after law enforcement indicted his QB for several felonies), then good for you. you showed me! pwned!!! :D:D