[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Duchess Jack

cliaz

That's a console game, right?

I was always a PC guy... RPGs, RTS and Shooters mostly - I only got my PS2 and Xbox in the last 2 or 3 years. I hear it has a cool multiplayer mode, yes?

rewind back to 1980. It's the pocket board game by steve jackson (his greatness)

Car Wars

pic

rewind back to 1980. It's the pocket board game by steve jackson (his greatness)

Car Wars

pic

GURPS and Munchkin and probably a couple other of his games, but never car wars. I never really got into the 'wargamming' end of things - but I do have a couple cases of Mage Knight and several boxes of heroscape but have yet to find anyone to play with :D

Car Wars

pic

It's was all about the ramplate and mounting efficient weapons on a turret. Did you ever get the expansion set for gasoline-based vehicles? Totally changed the space constraints of the cars and allowed for more weapons. The Truck Stop expansion was also pretty cool.

Edited by yo mama

there was a PC game based on "car wars" called "autoduel." that was a great game.

Auto duel was killer, too. The trick was to disable a pursuing car with mines, or get them to crash into an obtacle, then turn around, ram them, pin them down, and unload with all forward weaponry. And don't forget to salvage the wreck afterwards.

Edited by yo mama

It's was all about the ramplate and mounting efficient weapons on a turret. Did you ever get the expansion set for gasoline-based vehicles? Totally changed the space constraints of the cars and allowed for more weapons. The Truck Stop expansion was also pretty cool.

I had every single piece of car wars stuff that came up between 1980 and 1990. I loved that game. We even build a 3-d city replica out of that foam board and use the street grids with the plastic cars you could buy instead of counters.

I loved that game.

Auto duel was killer, too. The trick was to disable a pursuing car with mines, or get them to crash into an obtacle, then turn around, ram them, pin them down, and unload with all forward weaponry. And don't forget to salvage the wreck afterwards.

:D salvaging was the best. autoduel was probably the first game i played with any kind of "ending" and plot. i never read the directions and just stumbled onto the fact that there was actually a point to taking on new jobs and tracking down the main bad guy. once i had enough money to buy the laser, i was unstoppable.

:D salvaging was the best. autoduel was probably the first game i played with any kind of "ending" and plot. i never read the directions and just stumbled onto the fact that there was actually a point to taking on new jobs and tracking down the main bad guy. once i had enough money to buy the laser, i was unstoppable.

The laser was the shizzle, but wasn't always enough to take on multiple boggies outside the cities. That's why I also liked the rear-mounted paint sprayer for courier duties, which made it easier to escape if need be. I also liked the Apple IIe's "buddy" function which allowed for a 2nd player to independantly operate any turret mounted weapons.

The laser was the shizzle, but wasn't always enough to take on multiple boggies outside the cities. That's why I also liked the rear-mounted paint sprayer for courier duties, which made it easier to escape if need be. I also liked the Apple IIe's "buddy" function which allowed for a 2nd player to independantly operate any turret mounted weapons.

How old is this game and was it for the PC?

How old is this game and was it for the PC?

1985. I played it on my C-64, but you should be able to find it for the Mac. In addition to running courier duties in between cities, you could also enter into multi-opponent arena duels. Pretty much allowed you to build any car you could have built in the standard Car Wars game. The AI will appear predictable by today's standards, but hey: it was 1985. At the time it's was pretty killer.