[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blu-ray, HD-DVD vs regular DVDs

Skilly

Pardon me if I am late to this topic. I was wondering, for those of you who were able to get the PS3s with the blu-ray drives, is there a noticable difference between the high def dvds and regular dvds? I've got a HDTV, and obviously the picture quality is amazing in high def. I know that when I play my dvds, they look really good, but how much better do the high def dvds look and sound?

I was one of the first people I know of that made the switch from VHS to DVD, but this is one switch that I think I might hold off on, for awhile.

Pardon me if I am late to this topic. I was wondering, for those of you who were able to get the PS3s with the blu-ray drives, is there a noticable difference between the high def dvds and regular dvds? I've got a HDTV, and obviously the picture quality is amazing in high def. I know that when I play my dvds, they look really good, but how much better do the high def dvds look and sound?

I was one of the first people I know of that made the switch from VHS to DVD, but this is one switch that I think I might hold off on, for awhile.

AMAZING...with that said some of the transfers arent as good as others but so far I have seen

Black Hawk Down, The Wild, World Trade Center & I have The Departed waiting to be viewed...the other thing you get with BD is PCM(uncompressed audio)

I will post a link tomm with a list of BDs by PQ

AMAZING...with that said some of the transfers arent as good as others but so far I have seen

Black Hawk Down, The Wild, World Trade Center & I have The Departed waiting to be viewed...the other thing you get with BD is PCM(uncompressed audio)

I will post a link tomm with a list of BDs by PQ

I just got a PS3 and I will agree with keg, amazing. The caveat being that I went from an antique DVD player, non-progressive scan, to the PS3.

Resistance on-line rocks too.

:D