[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

captain america .... is dead

isleseeya

I would love to see a peak into your collection!!

To others... remember, I started my rant off with a disclaimer that I was posting a response from a comic geek perspective, and I realized most (if not all) the other posts were from a non-comic reading- i saw it on a news story perspective.

:D

If your ever in my area-sure thing, c'mon over. It is a pain in the arse when we move though, as I converted to all short boxes last year. I still have to get a copy of Amazing Fanyasy 15, but I've got FF1, ASM1, Avengers 1-4, X-Men 1-55....many, many more. The entire Ghost Rider run....heck I've got all the Marvel BA Horror titles of the 70's(complete runs), I have the complete Conan 1-275..I could go on and on.....

If your ever in my area-sure thing, c'mon over. It is a pain in the arse when we move though, as I converted to all short boxes last year. I still have to get a copy of Amazing Fanyasy 15, but I've got FF1, ASM1, Avengers 1-4, X-Men 1-55....many, many more. The entire Ghost Rider run....heck I've got all the Marvel BA Horror titles of the 70's(complete runs), I have the complete Conan 1-275..I could go on and on.....

I am speechless in envy!!! From your mention of the Horror titles fomr the 70's, it sounds like we have similar interests in back issues. I have some dep love for Marvel Team Up, 2-IN-1, Premiere, Spotlight, Man-Thing...

I do have DC as well, I hate CGC, but I got Superman 199( first Supes vs Flash race) for $40 and it cmae back a 9.2 from CGC-cha ching $$$$$. No GA books, but I've got a very nice SA Batman run as well. Also have all the "keys" from the BA-many copies actually of-Iron Fist 14, Werewolf by Night 32, Tomb of Dracula 10, Iron Man 55, Marvel Spotlight 2 and 5, Silver Surfer 4(I've also got the entire Surfer run 1-18), outside the FF collection I have FF 48 and 52 etc...etc..

I am speechless in envy!!! From your mention of the Horror titles fomr the 70's, it sounds like we have similar interests in back issues. I have some dep love for Marvel Team Up, 2-IN-1, Premiere, Spotlight, Man-Thing...

I've got the Man-Thing Vol 1-two complete runs, and all the Fear's an several Fear 10's.

Hey, some do stocks-I do real estate and collectibles. I sold a total of 22 comic books to buy our 300zx convertible here recently. To each his own.

No, tonmorator is right.. I AM in love...

10 years ago, I sold my Hulk 181, Giant Size X-Men 1, Iron Man 1 and Silver Surfer 1 so I could buy my wife's engagement ring. It broke my heart to do it, but she knows what I parted ways with and it gives me A LOT of marriage lee-way today when it comes to my comic collectables (among other thigns like toys I collect).

No, tonmorator is right.. I AM in love...

10 years ago, I sold my Hulk 181, Giant Size X-Men 1, Iron Man 1 and Silver Surfer 1 so I could buy my wife's engagement ring. It broke my heart to do it, but she knows what I parted ways with and it gives me A LOT of marriage lee-way today when it comes to my comic collectables (among other thigns like toys I collect).

I knew I was forgetting one- I have Hulk 1-6, two raw copies of 181 and one CGC of 181 graded 9.4. I have a GSXMen #1 signed by Stan Lee and one copy in my #1's and Key's box, and another in my Marvel Giant Size(got the entire run of the Giant Size editions....GSASM #4...Punishers 4th app is a somewhat haot book as well.

I knew I was forgetting one- I have Hulk 1-6, two raw copies of 181 and one CGC of 181 graded 9.4. I have a GSXMen #1 signed by Stan Lee and one copy in my #1's and Key's box, and another in my Marvel Giant Size(got the entire run of the Giant Size editions....GSASM #4...Punishers 4th app is a somewhat haot book as well.

You have a stellar collection, my friend.. did you happen to work at a store at some point, with access to people walking in and selling at a cheap price?

You have a stellar collection, my friend.. did you happen to work at a store at some point, with access to people walking in and selling at a cheap price?

It's just a process of many years, and I've known many shop owners and they will call me when they get a collection in and let me cherry pick it. I also forgot I have two copies of Hulk 181 slabbed by CGC, the other one is an 8.5 which I actually got off Ebay and only paid $240 for it. I also took a gamble on Ebay for Conan 1-4 as the photo was horrible and small, but he had Buy it Now for $140-so I did. I sent #1 and #3 to CGC and both came back 9.0's-just diligence and happenstance.

It's just a process of many years, and I've known many shop owners and they will call me when they get a collection in and let me cherry pick it. I also forgot I have two copies of Hulk 181 slabbed by CGC, the other one is an 8.5 which I actually got off Ebay and only paid $240 for it. I also took a gamble on Ebay for Conan 1-4 as the photo was horrible and small, but he had Buy it Now for $140-so I did. I sent #1 and #3 to CGC and both came back 9.0's-just diligence and happenstance.

Damn!!! I have a 9.4 CGC Iron Fist 15, that is my highest grade book.

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

Then you have Iron Fist # 14 not #15-and I always fug the "y" and "r" up in his name.

Duh, right... 15 was the final issue of the run.

Edit: oh, I didn't even notice you misspelled his name. Believe me, I am the last person on earth to ever point out a typo!

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad