[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Gotta' Ask

Easy n Dirty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But they're feeding into it. If they would let it go away, it would. But they're not. And like EnD mentioned, how can their achievement be ruined by what this idiot said? Come on. Get over it. You guys played great, talk about that, not about some idiot craving additional media attention.

all they are doing is calling him to task for some boneheaded remarks. i have no problem with that.

years later when they look back on this, it will be impossible for them to do that without calling up this entire sad situation. that has ruined what should just be great memories of winning a championship.

all they are doing is calling him to task for some boneheaded remarks. i have no problem with that.

years later when they look back on this, it will be impossible for them to do that without calling up this entire sad situation. that has ruined what should just be great memories of winning a championship.

please stay on task e and dont mock hugh or this thread will be locked

They didn't win, they lost. So do you think if he called them a bunch of losers, instead of ho's, we'd be talking about this? Don't think so.

I'm pretty sure that nobody on the team was actually listening to Imus when the comments were made. Their attention had to be drawn to it. They most likely heard about it after the fact.

And for most people, at least the ones that listen to Imus regularly (there must still be some) they may have thought the comment particlualry rude, but talk radio shows move fast and I doubt few gave much thought to the comment, as it is right in line with the regular kind of language used on the show. Imus and his cronies bounce stuff off each other, his sidekick screwed up by saying "ho's", and Imus followed his lead (which is the easiest thing for an old hippie to do with the brain cells scrambled as they may be).

I mean, when these young women go out into the world and start working, would Imus comments have had an effect on them.

Imus and his cronies have heard the term ho's so much from the culture, that they felt comfortable throwing it around where it didn't belong.

I'm not defending Imus comments, but he is regularly rude and downright viscious on the air. People have come to expect it from him. Unfortunately the object of his attack here was a completely innocent bystander and that is the mistake they made.

In the end, Imus will apologize directly to the team. Everything will be patched up. The members of the team will have more notoriety than they ever would have had minus this media blitz. Nobody will think they are "ho's" because of some dusty old DJ's comments. Everybody will be happy in the end, especially the media, whose feeding frenzy made it what it is.

Edited by rattsass

your team wins a national championship and rather than receive national attention for this accomplishment you receive national attention for a barrage of racial slurs by a nationally known radio celebrity?

that ain't imus' fault as much as it's the fault of espn and everyone else cramming this idiot non-story down the entire country's throats for the last week.

who the hell follows women basketball?

:D

- almost nobody follows women's basketball

- almost nobody listens to don imus

- there's probably like 10 people on the entire planet who follow women's basketball AND listen to imus

yet somehow this is a major national scandal :D

he also referred to them as a word that rhymes with wigaboos

If you listen to the exchange, this comment was made by Bernard McGirk, his executive producer who regularly chips in with comments. McGirk said something about the Rutgers/Tennessee game being like the jigaboos versus the wannabes. When Sharpton called Imus on this on his show, Imus said they were referring to a specific scene in the Spike Lee movie Do The Right Thing which was also being thrown around in that same conversation.

I never saw that movie so I can't say for sure, but this explanation makes sense in the context of the conversation they were having at the time. So to characterize Imus (or McGirk) as having called the Rutgers girls jigaboos is just more inflammatory nonsense.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

If you listen to the exchange, this comment was made by Bernard McGirk, his executive producer who regularly chips in with comments. McGirk said something about the Rutgers/Tennessee game being like the jigaboos versus the wannabes. When Sharpton called Imus on this on his show, Imus said they were referring to a specific scene in the Spike Lee movie Do The Right Thing which was also being thrown around in that same conversation.

I never saw that movie so I can't say for sure, but this explanation makes sense in the context of the conversation they were having at the time. So to characterize Imus (or McGirk) as having called the Rutgers girls jigaboos is just more inflammatory nonsense.

maybe so, but in today's ultra oversensitive world, they should still know better. unless they were intentionally trying to draw attention to themselves ...