[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keep 3 Patriots?

Well, there's good news & bad news. And they are one & the same.

Last year, when Maroney had a good FF game - say 60 total yds + 1 TD min. of 100+ total yds (5 games last year), Brady had a good FF game - say 300+ yds, 250+ yds & 1 TD, 200+ yds & 2 or more TDs (6 games) coincide with 2 of Maroney's games.

Using the same criteria in 2004, when Brady had a good year (3682 yds + 28 TDs) and Dillon had a good year (1635 yds rush & 12 TDs), Brady had 10 good FF games and Dillon had 12 good FF games, and they coincided on 7 of those weeks.

That means that you can probably expect Brady to have a good game somewhere in the neighborhood of half his games, Maroney can probably be expected to have a good game 10 games, and you can expect of those weeks that both will have a good game on the same week about 5 to 6 of those weeks. The other weeks you'll get good scoring from 1 of them, but not from the other - or not from either at all. Figuring Moss being almost completely reliant on Brady for all of his scoring and knowing how Brady spreads the ball around that he may get left out of the gravy train as much as he has a great game for a WR even though Brady is pedestrian as a FF QB, I'd guess that your scoring is not going to be very consistent between the 3 of them playing at the same time.

In a 12 week FF regular season, it looks like you can expect maybe 3-4 weeks where all 3 will hit, maybe 3 weeks where 2 of the 3 will hit, 3-4 weeks where 1 of the 3 will hit, and the remaining 1-3 weeks where all 3 crap out. That's a little too undependable for my tastes, and I'd probably try to move 1 of them. In order of trying to move them, I'd probably dump Moss the quickest - while the move is still fresh in people's minds and expectations are high - then Brady, and lastly Maroney.

NE just doesn't look like the kind of team where one facet of the O feeds off the other facet. Their best running years seem to coincide with their worst passing years and vice-versa.