[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cleanse For Life Diet

pork chop express

Det,

It's a fact that these companies that sell/promote this crap (pun intended) are making big $$$$!

It's a fact that most Doctors feel that there MAY be a risk w/ the purge!

It's a fact that one's colon does a good job w/o our help!

It's a fact short term diets are bad (Dr. Love had good data here)!

If you feel better after a purge, good for you! But as an old guy I can say that the older you get the rewards will dwindle, and may contribute to other problems. JMHO!

Peace!

rr26

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't come in guns-a-blazing that everyone should do it. Somebody asked about people's experience with a specific cleanse and got a whole lot of negative responses from people who'd read about, but not actually experienced it.

While I did not have specific experience with that cleanse, I have had repeated positive results from another so I chose to share it. I haven't "fought hard for fasting", I've fought hard telling people that I'm likely a better judge as to how I feel than they are. That has been the crux of this argument. Me saying I've done this and like the results and everyone else saying, "You're wrong, it's all a hoax." Then me saying, "How the hell do you know what does and doesn't work for me. All I know is that I do this and then I feel good." Then you guys say, "You're wrong, it's all in your head."

That seems a whole lot less like "fighting so hard for fasting" and more like getting irritated at a bunch of unqualified people who've never even met you telling you what is going on in your own body.

Here's a thought: Just like the Mayo clinic post that Ouija used as the end all be all argument against fasting. You know the one where the guy went out on that limb saying it may be due to this or may be due to that. Why would a doctor go out on a limb and advocate a fast. It may be a fine thing for an otherwise healthy person trying to really clean out. However, if some obese dude with adult onset diabetes gets the wild idea to all of a sudden stop eating and drink nothing but lemon juice and maple syrup, no doctor in the world wants to be the guy who says, "Sounds great, give it a whirl". So, like everyone else, they err on the side of caution. "Eat more veggies and get some exercise". Which, of course, is a fine idea.

It is very "American" to think on a very short sighted time frame and to ignore long term implications.

Drug addicts think like this ... stick the needle in ... get high ... feels so good. Yet we all know that in the long term this is bad for them no matter how good it makes them feel in the now. They will also vehemently deny the harmful effects of their drug addition.

Sounds like you are in a cycle of self gratification. Eat as much as you like of whatever you like for the pleasure of it. When the belt gets a little tight go on a fast to "cleanse" yourself. Up and down, up and down. I doubt you will find any doctor that says an extended cycle of gluttony followed by fasting is a healthy life style.

It is very "American" to think on a very short sighted time frame and to ignore long term implications.

Why do you hate America?

Drug addicts think like this ... stick the needle in ... get high ... feels so good. Yet we all know that in the long term this is bad for them no matter how good it makes them feel in the now. They will also vehemently deny the harmful effects of their drug addition.

Count this as about the millionth time that you are completely wrong. Addicts typically either don't think they have problem with how much they use the drug or piss and moan about the fact that they are killing themselves but can't stop anyway. However, I defy you to find someone who uses heroin, etc. who claims there are no harmful effects of using.

Sounds like you are in a cycle of self gratification. Eat as much as you like of whatever you like for the pleasure of it. When the belt gets a little tight go on a fast to "cleanse" yourself. Up and down, up and down. I doubt you will find any doctor that says an extended cycle of gluttony followed by fasting is a healthy life style.

OK, so this is 1,000,001. You know nothing about me. Of course, knowing nothing about something has never stopped you from running your trap before.

How does it feel to be such an idiot?

Edited by detlef

So, after my 9 days of this Cleanse For Life program, I dropped 18 pounds and feel pretty damn good. I just have to maintain from here on out and get back in the groove working out.

This program is from Isagenex. I have to say that I am not hingry like I thought I would be right now. I was ravenous when I couldn't eat anything and now that I can, I have no desire to do so.

So, after my 9 days of this Cleanse For Life program, I dropped 18 pounds and feel pretty damn good. I just have to maintain from here on out and get back in the groove working out.

This program is from Isagenex. I have to say that I am not hingry like I thought I would be right now. I was ravenous when I couldn't eat anything and now that I can, I have no desire to do so.

Congrats on dropping 18 pounds.

That was the easy part, now comes the hard part ... the life style change.

Do you have a link to the program they had you on?

All the debate seems to be one side saying how it is unhealthy, etc., the other saying that they feel real good when they do it. Seems like both could be right... could/IMO likely is not a good long term thing, but, you may well feel spectacular after doing it.

Keep up posted on your results these next few days/weeks, as I would think there will be a bit of a bounce back up as your metabolism tries to get realigned with whatever your new caloric intake levels will be.

Glad to hear you feel good. However, there is no possible way that you lost 18 pounds of fat in 9 days. I would guarantee that almost all of that weight you lost is water weight, which will come back (and that's not a bad thing). You've also likely lost muscle mass, which will be more permanent but not likely what you're really targeting.