[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need some trade advice?

I play in a 14 team keeper/salary cap league. My keepers are Rudi/Cadlillac/D.Williams/Fitz. We start 1QB, 3WR's, 2RB's, 1TE, 1K, 1D. An owner in my leage really wants Cadillac bad???? He's offered a 1st(10th overall) & a 5th round pick for him and I draft 3rd overall as well. Cadillac was a disappointment last year and I have no real reason to keep him other than there will be very few RB's to choose from in the draft aside from the rookies and older on the decline RB's. Also he is an unquestionable starter, hard to find in a 14 team league.

The owner wanting Cadillac has Chester Taylor and I was thinking of acquiring him plus the 1st rounder for Cadlillac and work in some other draft picks to make it fair. With the 3rd pick overall I could most likely get Adrian Peterson(whom would be free to protect next year, we can protect 1 rookie free against the cap before the draft) and then take a quality QB or WR at 10. I know Taylor/Peterson will be RBBC but the thought of Peterson in 2008 intrigues me or should I just keep Caddy??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think you're right on target in making that trade & then targeting AD with the 3rd pick & a top WR with the acquired 10th pick.

How long do Caddy owners have to get burned by this guy before they finally give up on him as a quality every-week startable RB? When healthy he can throw up big numbers at times, but he just can't stay on the field. If there's a choice between AD & Caddy, and with AD you get the added bonus of another top pick, that's a slam dunk IMO.