[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Official Everwars Thread ***

Super Twinky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loot is flowing this morning....

Adamantine Arms

Skill:

Heavy Armor

Skill Level:

52 / 80

Stamina Cost:

6 Points

Stats:

Armor (+24), Life (+1), Str (+1)

That was a big upgrade for me from my C arms I had been stuck with forever...

27 straight SPs and 31 of 32. The one being a mental ball 1 scroll. Mind you, one of my last prizes from last night was a rare Great Sword so I won't complain for fear of Kid Cid's wrath.

On the other hand, I'm just a pair of gloves away from an entire set of Mithril armor. Word on the street is they might give an extra bonus if all your armor matches.

This is such a joke. Why in god's name is this a UC item? You get all excited when you see the blue band until you realize you could buy one for about 50 EP in the store...

Corroded Adamantine Knuckle Duster

Skill:

Brawling

Skill Level:

0 / 25

Stamina Cost:

5 Points

Action:

Weapon Damage (3)

Limitations:

Delay (7 turns)

Stats:

Magic (+2), Str (+2)

This is such a joke. Why in god's name is this a UC item? You get all excited when you see the blue band until you realize you could buy one for about 50 EP in the store...

Sadly, this would be an upgrade over half my inventory.

Sadly, this would be an upgrade over half my inventory.

I suppose my point is that there are dozens of common weapons, spells, armor, charms, and jewelry that are cooler than this. Of course, the good news is I got 5 EP rather than 1 EP for throwing it back.

I've never won any arms nor have i seen them in the store. I keep winning low end swords/daggers, leg armor and spells :D Right now i have about 78eps built up to try and buy a rare soon if possible. Im tired of waiting for one to drop in my lap.

But i did stay at a Holiday Inn last nite

:D

Edited by Cunning Linguist

I've never won any arms nor have i seen them in the store. I keep winning low end swords/daggers, leg armor and spells :D Right now i have about 78eps built up to try and buy a rare soon if possible. Im tired of waiting for one to drop in my lap.

But i did stay at a Holiday Inn last nite

:D

You're going to need a lot more than that for a rare, I think. You are an the cusp of the low end UC items at this point.

You're going to need a lot more than that for a rare, I think. You are an the cusp of the low end UC items at this point.

Yep, rare items will set you back at least 300 EP. It might be frustrating, but unless you are completely stacked with good stuff, odds are that you are much better off just farming for stuff.

Adopt the POC "power farm" technique. Find a group of players that are ranked either Prize level I or II that you can beat badly. Rating 1.0 or 1.1. Attack them in quick succession. If you're way better you don't need to wait at all and attack at 50% life. If you aren't good enough for that, you can wait one minute between each and attack at 75%. As long as you'd beat them with 100 or more life if you were fighting full strength, you'll almost always beat them attacking at 75%. Just pile up the prize codes until you have 10 and cash them all in at once. I assure you that if you spend 300EP that way, you will get enough cool stuff that you'll be glad you didn't spend it in the store.

I am only now considering saving up for the store because my needs have gotten quite specific. I've got macked out armor and enough bad-ass swords that my stamina is maxed out at 100/100. Thus, even if I get something really cool, it might not do me any good. All I want now is some crazy strength charm or jewelry +10 or 15 and I'm probably better off just saving up and buying it.

Edited by detlef

Yep, rare items will set you back at least 300 EP. It might be frustrating, but unless you are completely stacked with good stuff, odds are that you are much better off just farming for stuff.

Adopt the POC "power farm" technique. Find a group of players that are ranked either Prize level I or II that you can beat badly. Rating 1.0 or 1.1. Attack them in quick succession. If you're way better you don't need to wait at all and attack at 50% life. If you aren't good enough for that, you can wait one minute between each and attack at 75%. As long as you'd beat them with 100 or more life if you were fighting full strength, you'll almost always beat them attacking at 75%. Just pile up the prize codes until you have 10 and cash them all in at once. I assure you that if you spend 300EP that way, you will get enough cool stuff that you'll be glad you didn't spend it in the store.

I've been doing this a bit more at 75%. At first i thought this would hurt your rating since your wins go up, but your beating lower ranked players. However, if you get more loot then it sounds like its worth it.

As far as the EPs go, I hear you but if i can get something for 100-120 eps in the store, its better than what i have in the quiver :D

Edited by Cunning Linguist

I just scrapped half my weapons, and my SP's and re-loaded. I had four spells between 15-20,all water i believe. As I was gaining items they were more powerful than the swords I had, so I ws using them and had maxed them all out, tieing up valuable SPs. I finally got enough swords so I was able to make the switch to all swords with one heal spell thrown in, and use the extra SPs to increase my armor SPs which is all either light or heavy, without any pesky mage in there anywhere. My rating went down from 2.4 to 2.2, but I've allready noticed a difference in my battles. From here on out, all spells and other weapons get thrown back, and I'm just looking for increased long, short or large swords. :D

I've been doing this a bit more at 75%. At first i thought this would hurt your rating since your wins go up, but your beating lower ranked players. However, if you get more loot then it sounds like its worth it.

As far as the EPs go, I hear you but if i can get something for 100-120 eps in the store, its better than what i have in the quiver :D

If 120 EP stuff in the store is better than what you have in your quiver then you really need to have faith and keep fighting. There's just too much stuff out there that would be an upgrade and eventually it will start rolling your way. You are bound to get about 20 or so items if you spend 100 EP fighting. At least one of them is going to be worth more than 100 EP in the store and you'll get a bunch of other stuff you may need as well.

I just scrapped half my weapons, and my SP's and re-loaded. I had four spells between 15-20,all water i believe. As I was gaining items they were more powerful than the swords I had, so I ws using them and had maxed them all out, tieing up valuable SPs. I finally got enough swords so I was able to make the switch to all swords with one heal spell thrown in, and use the extra SPs to increase my armor SPs which is all either light or heavy, without any pesky mage in there anywhere. My rating went down from 2.4 to 2.2, but I've allready noticed a difference in my battles. From here on out, all spells and other weapons get thrown back, and I'm just looking for increased long, short or large swords. :D

I just made a similar switch but I'm holding on to my bad ass spells and non-sword weapons because I hear rumors that they're gonna make other things more valuable relative to large swords.

None the less, I'm so condensed in terms of what I'm using that I actually have extra SP left over. I found that you can over train on items to increase your chances of hitting towards the higher end of the damage curve, so even though my best swords need only 50 SP, I have them jacked up to 60.

just rattled off about 40 battles w/50% life and whipped through pages 13-18 then right away got a rare:

Corroded Celestrium Gloves

Skill:

Heavy Armor

Skill Level:

21 / 80

Stamina Cost:

7 Points

Stats:

Armor (+14), Int (+1), Resists (+1)

There goes the rest of the afternoon... :D

i shoulda tried this before :D

22 Skill pts

Ice Blast 2 Scroll

Air Blast 5 Spell

Force Ball 15 Spell

Electrum Amulet of Strength 10

Ice Ball 7 Spell

Air Bolt 1 Scroll

Lustrous Canvas Boots

Water Bolt 9 Spell

Fire Ball 8 Scroll

overall three upgrades and three sellbacks of lesser UCs for 15eps

not bad...

Wish that player to player trade was up and running. Just got this Rare and have NO use or room for it:

Polished Darkwood Long Bow

Skill:

Longbow

Skill Level:

0 / 50

Stamina Cost:

7 Points

Action:

Weapon Damage (8)

Limitations:

Delay (9 turns)

Stats:

Agi (+1), Str (+1), Dex (+1)

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

Wish that player to player trade was up and running. Just got this Rare and have NO use or room for it:

Polished Darkwood Long Bow

Skill:

Longbow

Skill Level:

0 / 50

Stamina Cost:

7 Points

Action:

Weapon Damage (8)

Limitations:

Delay (9 turns)

Stats:

Agi (+1), Str (+1), Dex (+1)

I have one of those but it isn't polished. Since I had a metric ton of extra SP laying around, I reset some stuff and maxed it out to see what it could do. 15 damage and the attributes don't increase past 2. That's a lot of SP to devote to an item that does 15 damage. Again, who knows. Maybe the new changes will make bows more valuable. I do have two heavy crossbows (both take 25 SP) so it wouldn't be too hard to fit it in for me if they make it worth it compared to the crazy assed great swords I have.

I may just trade it in now for the 15 EP and take the risk of finding something I actually need by doing some more farming :D

That's some pretty long odds. I would hold onto it. Wouldn't you feel dumb if they made some rule change that meant you could use it?

Edited by detlef

I allready feel dumb for all the changes I've made to my character over and ovar based on the weapons I get :D

I have 7 swords, two quarter staffs and a heal spell, all maxed out. For me to use this, I'd have to spend a 100 on range, long bow to max it out. And at that, with it maxed I don't think it's going to approach the 17or 18 which is my minimum damage right now from my others weapons.

Jackpot!!

Sold that bow, and ten battles later, lookey what i found:

Pristine Steel Great Sword

Skill:

Largesword

Skill Level:

Stamina Cost:

6 Points

Action:

Weapon Damage (24)

Limitations:

Delay (9 turns)

Stats:

Str (+2), Resists (+2)

This will fit in nicely next to it's brother the Pristine Iron Great Sword, and his cousin the Tarnished Mithril Great Sword.

Man, I wish they'd update it already...

I have no clue whether the stuff I normally sell back will be improved or not. I'd hate to ditch something that ends up being upgraded.

I honestly doubt that the changes will be so great that I want to switch out of what I'm using. Mostly I'm just holding on to any rare items in hopes that they fetch me some jack when the players market opens.

Something to think about if your bank is maxed out (which in reality is 19 since you can't check prize logs if you have 20). There may be an item that you are using that is technically not as cool as some of the stuff in your bank but it just suits your needs better. For me, that is a strength 5 amulet rather than the magic 10 or intellect 9. After your battle but before you check your prize, it makes sense to switch that item into your bank and ready the cooler item that you're not using. That way, if you get the specific upgrade to that lesser item, you can ditch it rather than something fancier.

After all, you can't sell an item that isn't in your bank and you can't move an item you are using into your bank if you have 20 there (which the new item you just got will make).

A little thing, but one that's already burned me once or twice.

well, I've got plenty of bank space at the moment. I decided to only bank rares... everything else gets sold. My biggest concern is that with the changes they're making, my current set up won't be as effective and I might sell something that will end up being more beneficial.

well, I've got plenty of bank space at the moment. I decided to only bank rares... everything else gets sold. My biggest concern is that with the changes they're making, my current set up won't be as effective and I might sell something that will end up being more beneficial.

Well, I sell something every turn as well. I'm just sitting on anything I think is cool.