[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Couple computer related questions.

skylive5

1. Can I burn a DVD of all my mp3's that would play in my DVD player hooked up to my TV and listen to the music?

2. Can I extract music from a music video DVD to my computer and make mp3's of said extracted music?

check you're DVD player it may play MP3's

It will prolly play MP3's off a standard CD format, but I'd be curious if you could burn DVD's with MP3's and play them. I would think it's up to the capabilities of the DVD player.

check you're DVD player it may play MP3's

If it does...does that mean that I just copy all the mp3's (like a data copy) to a DVD and put it in the player? Or do I have to make some special DVD like when one makes an Audio CD?

If it does...does that mean that I just copy all the mp3's (like a data copy) to a DVD and put it in the player? Or do I have to make some special DVD like when one makes an Audio CD?

Easiest thing to do is try it. I would think you'd have to make the DVD in a data format, but I haven't done this.

If you have the manual for the DVD player check it's specs., it should answer the question on MP3's. I have 3 players and the oldest one doesn't do MP3's, and is very finicky about the DVD format.

As far as copying a comm'l DVD for music, I don't think so. Those are probably copy protected.

If you have the manual for the DVD player check it's specs., it should answer the question on MP3's. I have 3 players and the oldest one doesn't do MP3's, and is very finicky about the DVD format.

As far as copying a comm'l DVD for music, I don't think so. Those are probably copy protected.

Have a less than year old DVD-RW should be able to do everything but the dishes I would think. But I will scrounge around and see if I can find the manual. *sigh*

I was afraid of that copy protection.... you are probably right. Dang.

Thanks rockn'.

Have a less than year old DVD-RW should be able to do everything but the dishes I would think. But I will scrounge around and see if I can find the manual. *sigh*

I was afraid of that copy protection.... you are probably right. Dang.

Thanks rockn'.

Sky,

No need to look up the DVD burner info. You are correct, it will probably do anything you want. I was talking about re-playing it on a different DVD player. That's the info/specs you would need. If you're playing it on the same device that you burned it, there should be no problem.