[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Missing Kansas Girl

Hat Trick

I bet. I have a boy but have thought many times if I had a daughter how scared I would be for her in todays world.

Doc and Fellow Huddlers:

PLEASE don’t think for a minute that because you have a boy, he is any safer than having girls.

There are a few factors that you should keep in mind (these are generalities and don’t apply to everyone…obviously):

1 – Because of our cultural bias and general “machismo”, when boys take off or disappear, the attention that is given to this type of occurrence is nowhere near the type of attention that girls get in the community OR the press. It is this protective mentality thingy we have towards our “vulnerable” girls/women. The sinking ship mentality, “Women and Children FIRST”.

2 – This mentality results in less public outcry and press coverage. We have more of a visceral feeling that “boys can take care of themselves”. If a boy goes missing, there is more of a social tendency to believe that it is due to possible self-motivated reasons. Girls are generally much better at taking care of themselves at earlier ages than boys are!

3 – Boys emotionally and physically, mature more slowly than girls and because of this can be MORE likely predated upon by pedos starting around 11-15. They are generally still young enough looking to be a turn-on to sikkos, but aren’t savvy enough to understand what is happening. Conversely, there are plenty of 14 – 15 year old girls that look like they are "20". Sometimes they experiment with teasing and flirting at levels that boys their same age are not aware of yet. Girls can get themselves into trouble, by winking at the wrong guy at the wrong time, hence the violent and fatal tragedies we see too often. Boys this age are usually “groomed” into secretive, longer term, sexually abusive situations that they can’t seem to “escape” from (the priest, the teacher, the neighbor, the scout leader, the coach, etc) and carry horrible emotional scars, including guilt, forever. Girls are not excluded from this either.

I have been assigned to the Cyber Crimes Center in DC now for almost a year and specifically work in the area of investigating inter/national child exploitation and predation. I hate to say this people, but the internet has brought these people out of hiding and their activities are more prevalent than ever (extreme connectivity and incredible anonymity). Abuse and predation is pretty evenly split between boys and girls, but machismo and PC don’t lend itself well to admitting this in the press or as a society.

Teach your children to be wary of strangers, NOT scared of them (which can affect them later in life). Get them into self-defense/martial arts classes (be careful to evaluate the instructors and don’t trust any adult completely). My boy/girl twins started at 4, and it is amazing what it does for them! This gives them a confidence and self-awareness that tends to “turn off” predators. These whacks want fear, innocence and submissiveness. It is easier for pedos to start at that point than to force or groom it into the child.

Remember… Children here and all over the world are snatched, bought, sold and killed every day! Hold them close, love them, guide them and please do not scare them. Make them aware of how much you love them and give them the tools to celebrate life, carefully, but robustly!

Edited by McBoog