[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any cable experts here?

Duchess Jack

I've had my TV for a couple weeks now and finally got a tech in to install my cable.

Now... the HD Reciever is having problems. Sound is cutting in and out. I called tech support and they had me do some things. When they had me unplug the box for a bit - the problem stopped for a couple minutes but then started again and progressively got worse. Its like the sound is hickuping. Anybody familiar with this issue and what might cause it? If not, I have to wait another week to get another box. So... three weeks with the HDTV and no TV (except for the other TVs, but they aren't HD)

Never had that problem.

When I had a picture problem, my cable company sent me a new box through the mail/UPS so I didn't have to wait for a tech and take off work. Took a couple days to get the new box.

ETA: Have you tried running the sound through a receiver instead of the TV to see if it does the same thing?

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Never had that problem.

When I had a picture problem, my cable company sent me a new box through the mail/UPS so I didn't have to wait for a tech and take off work. Took a couple days to get the new box.

ETA: Have you tried running the sound through a receiver instead of the TV to see if it does the same thing?

:D

Hmmm. I have my reciever right next to it. I just haven't hooked it up yet. I've been working on the throne for the TV, movies and such ((flipping $350 worth of wood :D ))

I have been meaning to hook the reciever up. I will see how it all goes.

not so local... half and hour away maybe. I won't do it out of principle. Installation is free. a hour hour round trip was not in the cards. Besides - I would probably firebomb the place -abortion clinic style- if I got home only to find that the box was not the problem

Can't you just go to a local store/office (I have one about 3 miles from my house) and exchange the box yourself?

+1

I had the same issue as you, DJ...they told me it would be severeal days before they could get out and replace it with a different box, so I unplugged the bad one, drove 15 minutes to the local Comcast office, and exchanged it on-site.

Even better, I gave the girl working the counter a little grief since I had to do this myself, and she threw in HBO and SHO for free for three months. :D

EDIT: just saw your response. I didn't threaten any bombings of any kind....probably why I only got three free months rather than six.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi