[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League

joethin

I need to rebuild my RB corps and a back up QB. As you can see below not only did I have Kevin Jones but LaMont Jordan as well last year, for some miracle I made the playoffs and got eliminated in the first round. We need to trim our teams down to 30 players or less prior to our Rookie Draft. I have picks 1.07 and 2.06 & 2.07 (and other for each remaining round - 4 more). My WR corps is not getting any younger (Harrison & Moss). At 1.07 I will probably not have a shot at Peterson or Lynch - Russell or Quinn - Calvin. Please see details of the League below:

12 Team League

Start

QB - RB (2) - WR (3) - TE - PK - ST - DE/DT (3-4) - LB (3-4) - CB/S (3)

Scoring

Pass TD - 5

Pass YD - 1 for every 50

Rush/Rec TD - 6

Rush YD - 1 for every 20

Rec YD - 1 for every 15

Receptions - 1 for every 2

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) - 2

Forced Fumbles - 2

Interceptions Caught - 2

Tackles - 1

Assists - 1

Sacked - 2

Safeties - 2

My TEAM:

Frye, Charlie CLE QB

Palmer, Carson CIN QB

Herron, Noah GBP RB

Houston, Cedric NYJ RB

Jones, Kevin DET RB

Jordan, Lamont OAK RB

Berrian, Bernard CHI WR

Branch, Deion SEA WR

Brown, Reggie PHI WR

Caldwell, Reche NEP WR

Harrison, Marvin IND WR

Moss, Randy NEP WR

Clark, Desmond CHI TE

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK

Brock, Raheem IND DT

Gregg, Kelly BAL DT

Allen, Jared KCC DE

Pryce, Trevor BAL DE

Barton, Eric NYJ LB

Boley, Michael ATL LB

Haggans, Clark PIT LB

Howard, Thomas OAK LB

James, Bradie DAL LB

Miller, Caleb CIN LB

Phillips, Shaun SDC LB

Trotter, Jeremiah PHI LB

Tillman, Charles CHI CB

Demps, Will NYG S

Huff, Michael OAK S

Manuel, Marquand GBP S

Schweigert, Stuart OAK S

Whitner, Donte BUF S

I will be cutting lose Frye & Herron.

I'm thinking about trading Harrison in order to meet my needs (Fresher RB / 1st round pick, etc) Other than that do you have other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

I'm thinking about trading Harrison in order to meet my needs (Fresher RB / 1st round pick, etc) Other than that do you have other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

I think if you plan on trading away Harrison for a younger RB that you're going to cripple your WR corps. You don't have a legit #2 FF WR on your roster right now, though Branch could possibly morph into one. That said, if you don't trade away Harrison your RB corps will wreck your season.

You're in a catch-22 for the coming season. That said, in a dynasty league sometimes you have to realize when it's time to cut bait & start rebuilding for a future year. I think it is that time for you. That being the case, you definitely want to get what you can for Harrison, since he won't be able to help you when your team is ready to compete again. If you could get a top 3 draft pick for him, that would be ideal since you'd pick up a potential stud starter for your team's future to go with your 7th pick. Because that's not likely since teams with top 3 picks aren't ready to compete for a championship in teh coming year, you probably ought to be looking to trade him for a younger RB and hopefully a future draft pick in the 2nd/3rd round.

Look for a team that is ready to make a run at the championship but could use some WR help and has enough RB depth to surrender a player like Benson/D Williams/Norwood or one of the other projected young starting RBs, and then try to enhance your draft position either in the 2nd/3rd round this year or the 1st/2nd next year (make the argument that with Harrison that his next year's 1st rounder will be very low in the round, which has less value - which is legit). Then use that 7th pick for a high future potential WR in this year's draft, and you've got a decent start for future years.

Good luck.

This is definitely conditoin critical for the RB spot. Dealing Harrison is a no brainer, but you definitely need to be right about the guy you are trading for. This could make or break your team.

I think if you plan on trading away Harrison for a younger RB that you're going to cripple your WR corps. You don't have a legit #2 FF WR on your roster right now, though Branch could possibly morph into one. That said, if you don't trade away Harrison your RB corps will wreck your season.

You're in a catch-22 for the coming season. That said, in a dynasty league sometimes you have to realize when it's time to cut bait & start rebuilding for a future year. I think it is that time for you. That being the case, you definitely want to get what you can for Harrison, since he won't be able to help you when your team is ready to compete again. If you could get a top 3 draft pick for him, that would be ideal since you'd pick up a potential stud starter for your team's future to go with your 7th pick. Because that's not likely since teams with top 3 picks aren't ready to compete for a championship in teh coming year, you probably ought to be looking to trade him for a younger RB and hopefully a future draft pick in the 2nd/3rd round.

Look for a team that is ready to make a run at the championship but could use some WR help and has enough RB depth to surrender a player like Benson/D Williams/Norwood or one of the other projected young starting RBs, and then try to enhance your draft position either in the 2nd/3rd round this year or the 1st/2nd next year (make the argument that with Harrison that his next year's 1st rounder will be very low in the round, which has less value - which is legit). Then use that 7th pick for a high future potential WR in this year's draft, and you've got a decent start for future years.

Good luck.

Nicely articulated man, thank you :D

Benson & Norwood are really good options... time to go to work :D