[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade draft picks for R. Johnson?

sdrewp75

I'm in a three-man keeper league in which on of the owners has put R. Johnson on the trade block.

My keepers: LT, Bush, & Gates

His keepers: S. Alexander, R. Johnson, & M. Jones-Drew

I made some trades before our keeper deadline and I was able to pick up another 1st and 2nd round pick. As it stands now, I have the 9th and 10th pick in the first and the 1st and 7th picks in the second round. The other owner has said he would accept a trade for two draft picks ("a 1st and 2nd round pick")

I know I already have two backs but I really like Rudi's schedule this year...particularly the last five games. However, I know I can really help my roster with 3 picks in a row and an extra 2nd round pick.

Am I crazy to consider the trade or should I pull the trigger?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Okay, so you want Rudi badly, and its a 3 player keeper league.

So you trade your 1.10 and your 2.07 (best case for you - you may be asked to give up the 2.01 instead of the 2.07) for Rudi. Let's see the consequences:

Your keepers now become LT, Bush, & Rudi.

This is what you gave up for him: Gates (who you can no longer keep), the 1.10, and the 2.07. Right now, the 1.10 & the 2.07 are in the Houshmanzedah, M Barber, R Moss, D Williams, McAllister, Burress, Jacobs territory.

So what you have just given up for Rudi is Gates, Housh, & D Williams - or something very similar. Does that look very appealing to you or weighted in your favor in any way at all?

You're nuts for doing a trade like that. If you're that hung up on Rudi, you ought to be offering Gates & your 2.07 at the most. That's a much more reasonable trade - though still weighted against you.

With your 3 keepers that you have, you have a gigantic edge over most of not all of the rest of the league with the 3 picks on the turn and an additional pick in the 2nd. Why do you feel such a strong need to throw that edge away - and in fact give it to another owner?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Sorry, I shoud've been clearer...my bad. The Rudi trade would take place after the draft. So I would still keep LT, Bush, and Gates. I would just pick the players he wants at the picks we agreed to.

Oh, and I'm in a 10 team league. We can either start 2 RBs & 2 WRs or 1 RB & 3 WRs.

I'm really not a big Rudi fan. I'm happy that I've never been in a position to have to select him as a first round pick. However, as I stated before, I really like his schedule as it fits into the fantasy playoffs. I've done the mock draft projections to get an idea of what options will be available when my picks come up. Looking at what the rest of my league has kept and knowing their tendencies it appears that I'll be looking at the likes of J. Walker, R. Williams, R. Moss, etc..

From ya'll's intial responses, I'm getting the impression that I should stick with what I have. Would that be accurate?