[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Movie theater seats

Guest ksu70

Guest ksu70

I took my three year old son to Shrek the Third today and he weighs about 30-35 pounds. The seats in the theater are the kind that fold in automatically and will only stay down if there is enough weight on them. Needless to say my kid looked like he was being eaten by the chair so he sat in my lap the entire movie. Any new theaters in your area with seats that just stay down? Are the other ones cheaper to manufacture?

Is he too big for that booster that they give the small kids ? I have the problem you mentioned with my little one..I use that big foam booster or the plastic one

Edited by whomper

Guest ksu70

Is he too big for that booster that they give the small kids ? I have the proble you mentioned with my little one..I use that big foam booster or the plastic one

I never even asked and I wasn't offered anything for the little guy. Maybe I should feed him more. If the seat isn't more expensive to install I don't see why a lay down seat isn't used more often.

I never even asked and I wasn't offered anything for the little guy. Maybe I should feed him more. If the seat isn't more expensive to install I don't see why a lay down seat isn't used more often.

You should ask..Im sure the theatre has them..He sits right on it..It eliminates the folding chair problem and helps him if a tall person sits in front of him

Guest ksu70

You should ask..Im sure the theatre has them..He sits right on it..It eliminates the folding chair problem and helps him if a tall person sits in front of him

Thanks for the info. It was our first "real" movie where he made it through the whole thing. We tried Flushed Away last year and he was bored twenty minutes into it.

Edited by ksu70

Thanks for the info. It was our first "real" movie where he made it through the whole thing. We tried Flushed Away last year and he was bored twenty minutes into it.

I hear that..Its a big deal when they start making it through..My daughter made me leave a few times during the previews

we get there early and sit in the row right when u walk in. it usually has the railing in front of it. then there is a walkway and then about 7 more rows in front of it. the railing allows my son to stand and watch the movie if he wants. no one is in front of us either.