[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C.Williams VS. Lynch?

I did not watch either of these players in college and I haven't followed Williams in his 2 years in the league so I know very little about either player. In terms of football talent, not situation/ supporting cast etc., who is the better player? In terms of Fantasy Football they appear to be equal but I feel usually the more talented RB will prevail if they play to their potential barring injuries. I know Adrain Peterson is more talented than both but is he worth the risk to take stash away this year as he'll most likely be in a RBBC situation. The reason I ask is I have Williams, could trade him, and look at Lynch or maybe Peterson, needing a them to produce RB2 #'s. I also have D.williams, talent wise how does he stack up? Give me your opinion solely based of football talent. :D

First off, this is the wrong place to ask for advice. There is a forum for that, and you ought to be using it.

That said, since I usually chirp in at the advice forum, when this gets moved I'd probably be posting anyhow, so here it goes:

Cadillac is easily one of the most frustrating RBs to have rostered. He is capable of blowing up for huge games, and them disappearing and/or getting injured and giving terrible results. This guy is Fred Taylor reincarnated and personally I can't stomach his wildly erractic production as anything better than a #3 RB on my roster.

Lynch is going to a better situation in BUF than Peterson is going to in MIN, but Peterson is clearly a more talented RB. Lynch also has question marks in that he has an intriguing fellow rookie RB on the team in Wright who barring that nasty ACL injury in college may have been the 3rd RB off the board in this draft - maybe even higher. Wright also showed last year that he's recovered completely from that injury. Peterson on the other hand has a high dollar running mate in Taylor and a passing game that may very well be the worst in the NFL to support (or should I say not support?) him. So it looks like Peterson, even though he has studly traits, may be limited for a couple of years at least.

Given the information above, and based upon what we have seen from D Williams at the NFL level, and that CAR is going to a run blocking system that is tailor made for him, I like D Williams the best of the 4 RBs listed. If I had decent depth at RB, I think I'd take Peterson next since he has such great potential, but if I needed another starter in the immediate future I'd put Lynch ahead of Peterson but still behind D Williams. I like C Williams the least of the bunch.

I was going to do a long post until I saw BB wrote everything for me.

I also cannot stomach Caddy. He might surprise us all and counce back, but I doubt it and he has some serious vultures.

I like DW - tons of upside there. If it were my roster, I would order them:

DW

Lynch

Peterson

Caddy

Good question the H2H ranking on these two in very close. Caddy has been pretty consistently bad over his two years in the league besides those first four games. I don't see Caddy going anywhere either. I'd take the chance with Lynch especially in a PPR league as he's now drawing comparisons to Addai and a lesser Marshall Faulk with power.