[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tech Guys

Duchess Jack

My daughter isn't too tech savy yet, so.....

How do I block out IM (including the IMexpress) and myspace

I have a PC set up to monitor IM so I want to make sure that my daughter uses that PC.

Myspace - I haven't gotten to the point of cutting her off - but I am concerned about the lack of monitoring I can offer. I told her I wanted her to give the Wench her passwords though.

My daughter isn't too tech savy yet, so.....

How do I block out IM (including the IMexpress) and myspace

I have a PC set up to monitor IM so I want to make sure that my daughter uses that PC.

Myspace - I haven't gotten to the point of cutting her off - but I am concerned about the lack of monitoring I can offer. I told her I wanted her to give the Wench her passwords though.

are you using IE? if so you can go to tools, internet options, content and then you can password protect your browser(you can allow or block certain sites) as for blocking IMs i have no idea as for IMexpress if that is accessed thru a website then you can block it like any other web site....i dont know about AIM but in trillian you can review your history at any time(i actually use that when I am talking deals in FF)

are you using IE? if so you can go to tools, internet options, content and then you can password protect your browser(you can allow or block certain sites) as for blocking IMs i have no idea as for IMexpress if that is accessed thru a website then you can block it like any other web site....i dont know about AIM but in trillian you can review your history at any time(i actually use that when I am talking deals in FF)

man... I've looked all over...

Content Advisor - is horrible... I have tried to block things, but it wants to block everything and when I say 'it is cool/accept' it stil wants to block it

Certificates? no idea

Autocomplete and feeds don't seem to be what I am looking for

DMD has one he swears by, but as far as IM programs are concerned, some of them communicate on a port separate from http. You could block them on the firewall. You can also give non-admin rights to her account and allow only admins to run that program