[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nascar

isleseeya

Well I am going to my first ever Nascar race this sunday , at the pennyslvania 500

Have a choice of sitting in the granstand or in the infield and so I ask those good ole nascar loving huddlers out there which is better to view the race ?

Also any other tips would be recommended ...I already have my ear plugs and can of skoal ready :D

Should be fun ..will be rooting for Tony Stewart by the way although Jeff Gordon who already won on this track this year may be poised for the victory

Are you camping at the infield ?, you really can't see much of the track unless you climb on the roof of a RV from there, But thats where the party is most of the weekend..wish i was there. :wacko: ..loud drunken & crazy party !! :D Enjoy! :D Get the bleacher pass if you really want to see the whole track on Sun. & don't forget the sunblock, you will need it.

I also recommend checking out the pits on Sat. if you can. Oh... and one other thing...earplugs are really ghey.. :wacko:

Edited by Front Row

Are you camping at the infield ?, you really can't see much of the track unless you climb on the roof of a RV from there, But thats where the party is most of the weekend..wish i was there. :wacko: ..loud drunken & crazy party !! :D Enjoy! :D Get the bleacher pass if you really want to see the whole track on Sun. & don't forget the sunblock, you will need it.

I also recommend checking out the pits on Sat. if you can. Oh... and one other thing...earplugs are really ghey.. :wacko:

Thanks FR and lol on the ear plugs

Someone else just told me that unless you are standing on an RV you really can't see anything from infield ...looks like we may get there earlt , party a bit and then go to granstand ..should be a good time

Thanks again

Make sure you get there plenty early and don't plan to leave the track for a while after the race. Pocono is a tough place to get in and out of because it isn't all that close to the main highway and there is only two-lane road that goes past the track. I went to a race there about 8 years ago and we left for the track about 7 am and still sat in traffic for about 30 minutes trying to get in. It was even worse after the race. It may be better now but I would be prepared to hang out for a while afterwards unless you want to leave before the race is over.

Also like was said before, get a seat in the grandstand if you want to actually watch the race. The higher up the better. Pocono is so large that you probably won't be able to see the entire track but the higher up you are the more you will be able to see.

Make sure you get there plenty early and don't plan to leave the track for a while after the race. Pocono is a tough place to get in and out of because it isn't all that close to the main highway and there is only two-lane road that goes past the track. I went to a race there about 8 years ago and we left for the track about 7 am and still sat in traffic for about 30 minutes trying to get in. It was even worse after the race. It may be better now but I would be prepared to hang out for a while afterwards unless you want to leave before the race is over.

Also like was said before, get a seat in the grandstand if you want to actually watch the race. The higher up the better. Pocono is so large that you probably won't be able to see the entire track but the higher up you are the more you will be able to see.

Really good info Byoder ..thanks :D

Every track is unique and has a distinct feel to it.Unless it goes green for a long time,you'll see the cars go by,then wait for 30 seconds until they come back around as Pocono is a big track.Consider renting a scanner.You'll be able to listen to MRN and your favorite driver.It will also protect your ears.

If you enjoy the race,consider a short track next time.You can follow the action all the way around the track.I prefer them over the big tracks even though I still go to Indianapolis every year.

All I can say is wow ...what a thrill to be at a nascar race ...we had great seats and the sound and power of those machines is truly amazing ...we rented the headsets so you can hear the pit talking to the drivers which was interesting and amazing as well

My boy tony stewart finished in 6th but it was kurt busch who blew away the field ...his car was nearly perfect yesterday and no one came close to touching him

I plan to definitely go to other races for sure ..really a great time :D

Sounds like a blast. I wanna take my boy to Homestead this year. He is such a fan of all forms of automobile and wont let me change the channel if I happen to click by a race on the weekends. How much are the tix generally?

Ours were 75 ( gift my military friend received so we did not pay ) ..but I would pay 75 next time for sure

I think you can get them cheaper for thge different seats or sections ...really no bad seat in the house ..you should definitely go with you son as I believe it is well worth it

Good luck