[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is more powerful?

H8tank

Hot coffee or CHEESE!!!!!!

MORGANTOWN - A Monongalia County man is seeking $10 million from McDonald's after an employee put cheese on his sandwich.

Jeromy Jackson, his mother Trela Jackson and his friend Andrew Ellifritz filed a suit July 18 in Monongalia Circuit Court against the popular fast-food chain because Jeromy Jackson is allergic to cheese.

According to the suit, Jackson, his mother and friend went to the drive-thru at the McDonald's on Chaplin Road in Morgantown on Oct. 30, 2005. Jackson claims he ordered two "Quarter Pounders" without cheese, stating he was allergic to cheese.

"From this point forward, Mr. Jackson repeatedly asked as to the status of his food and whether it had no cheese, and took multiple preventive steps to assure his food did not contain cheese," the suit says.

The suit says Jackson received his food, bit into one of his sandwiches and immediately began to have a severe allergic reaction. He was rushed to United Hospital Center in Clarksburg.

"Mr. Jackson was only moments from death and/or seriously debilitation injury when hospital staff intervened," the suit says.

Jeromy Jackson suffered injuries to his body and mind and has incurred medical expenses. Jackson, his mother and friend claim to have suffered mental anguish, pain and suffering and a loss of enjoyment of life.

The lawsuit claims the negligence of McDonald's put the lives of Trela Jackson and Ellifritz in danger also, because they were forced to rush Jeromy Jackton to the hospital under dangerous conditions.

:D

fokn lawyers...

http://www.wvrecord.com/news/198972-man-al...-from-mcdonalds

According to the suit, Jackson, his mother and friend went to the drive-thru at the McDonald's on Chaplin Road in Morgantown on Oct. 30, 2005. Jackson claims he ordered two "Quarter Pounders" without cheese, stating he was allergic to cheese.

"From this point forward, Mr. Jackson repeatedly asked as to the status of his food and whether it had no cheese, and took multiple preventive steps to assure his food did not contain cheese," the suit says.

those multiple preventative steps apparently didn't include looking at the f'n bun before chomping down. :D

So, if the receipt has no mention of the no cheese request..... how is there any proof this guy ordered with no cheese.

Why do I feel like this people have been concocting this plan for a long time.. driving around to every McDonald's they could until they got one to give them a cheeseburger.

But, one would think not taking the preventative step of looking at the burger before eating it exonerates McDs.

I mean, my wife is extremely allergic to mushrooms. Hospital visit allergic. Even when we specify no mushrooms on something that potentially contains mushrooms (salad, soup, etc.) we check it before she eats it. Seems like common sense.

Not that I got sued for 10 mil or anything, but this freaking vegan came into my place as part of a large party that had arranged a family style meal (without, BTW, informing me that there would be a godless freaking vegan in their midst). At any rate, I actually knew this table because they were all from a gym that I had been a member of. After I tweaked the menu you a bit and went out to specifically explain what she could and couldn't eat, we sent out all the food.

We do these sweet potato fritters that have exactly 2 eggs in an entire batch that makes about 50 fritters. So there's 1/25th of an egg in each. I digress. After I specifically told her that the fritters had trace amount of eggs, she asked the food runner who dropped them off if they were cool because she freaking forgot. Dude is a great kid, but he was fresh out of the marines and probably not exactly in tune with the intricacies of a vegan diet. He's thinking no meat. None the less, he said they were fine. An unforgivable sin to be sure. :D

So, I go out to the table like a minute later to check on everyone and homegirl is taking a bite into one of the fritters. I stop her and remind her that I specifically told her that the fritters were not vegan. She starts flipping out. "I haven't eaten eggs in 10 years!"

"Well I told you not to eat them."

"But your busboy said it was OK!"

"Well, I told you not to. Anyway, truth be told, you've just eaten about 1/100th of one egg."

Chick pushed away from the table, had a fit and stormed out. Going on about how I should train my staff better, how all these years of being vegan had gone for naught, etc. I, along with the rest of the table, were completely stunned.

So, if the receipt has no mention of the no cheese request..... how is there any proof this guy ordered with no cheese.

Why do I feel like this people have been concocting this plan for a long time.. driving around to every McDonald's they could until they got one to give them a cheeseburger.

But, one would think not taking the preventative step of looking at the burger before eating it exonerates McDs.

I mean, my wife is extremely allergic to mushrooms. Hospital visit allergic. Even when we specify no mushrooms on something that potentially contains mushrooms (salad, soup, etc.) we check it before she eats it. Seems like common sense.

Exactly, because my restaurant is Asian, I constantly have to deal with both peanut, gluten, and shellfish allergies. Anyone who has them is pretty freaking clear about the extent of the allergy. Of course, it is little consolation that it wasn't my fault if someone dies in my dining room because they failed to warn me of confirm the ingredients. Fortunately, anyone who's that serious obviously doesn't just amble into any meal without doing their due dillagence.