[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft order "Snake"

Rick

I am new to NFL,com Fantasy football. I am a little confused on the draft order. The 1st round I pick 9th. Then i guess the last pick picks first in the 2nd round and I pick 4th? Then what happens?

I am new to NFL,com Fantasy football. I am a little confused on the draft order. The 1st round I pick 9th. Then i guess the last pick picks first in the 2nd round and I pick 4th? Then what happens?

Each round reverses. If you pick 9th in first, you pick 4th in the 2nd, 9th in the 3rd, 4th in the the 4th and so on.

It's called a serpentine draft.

so i am always either 9th or 4th, ok that makes since even though i dont likeI it! I thought i would be moving up and down the draft order

Well, you sort of are moving up and down....9th in the odd rounds, then up to 4th in the even ones.

If you're new to FF, I'd suggest you pick up David Dorey's (the Huddle co-founder) book "Fantasy Football: The Next Level." He's not going to overtly pimp his own book on his own site, but it's invaluable for newbies and vets alike, a must-read heading into drafts, especially if you're new to this...and it helps that it's not a dry, boring stats-based text, either...a very fun read. Good luck with your first draft and welcome to what people here would agree is an insanely fun (and sometimes just insane) obession. :D

For someone who is new to Fantasy Football, your first step in finding the message boards at the Huddle is absolutely the best step you could take. Frequenting this site and these boards will give you a giant competitive advantage in you league (unless the rest of your league-mates are here too).

For someone who is new to Fantasy Football, your first step in finding the message boards at the Huddle is absolutely the best step you could take. Frequenting this site and these boards will give you a giant competitive advantage in you league (unless the rest of your league-mates are here too).

Try the advice forum too. :D