[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker or Travis Henry

jleonej

I am in a keeper league and am thinking about keeping Fast Willie or Travis Henry. If I keep Willie I will loose my 2nd round pick. If I keep Travis I will loose my 20th round pick. Who should I keep and why? I think Willie will have a better season but I like not loosing my 2nd round pick. Can Travis stay healthy and will Tatum Bell steal carries from Travis Henry? Oh and I do not know yet my draft pick for this year. The rb's that will be kept are LT, Reggie Bush, Maroney, Addai, Gore, Steve Jackson. So again knowing this would you let Willie go?

I am in a keeper league and am thinking about keeping Fast Willie or Travis Henry. If I keep Willie I will loose my 2nd round pick. If I keep Travis I will loose my 20th round pick. Who should I keep and why? I think Willie will have a better season but I like not loosing my 2nd round pick. Can Travis stay healthy and will Tatum Bell steal carries from Travis Henry? Oh and I do not know yet my draft pick for this year. The rb's that will be kept are LT, Reggie Bush, Maroney, Addai, Gore, Steve Jackson. So again knowing this would you let Willie go?

Hmmm - let's see, keep parker in exchange for a 2nd round pick, or keep Henry in exchange for a 20th round pick...

:D

Let's see, ADP is Parker @ 1.08 and Henry @ 1.11...

Ummmmm - KEEP HENRY!

C'mon, you weren't seriously debating this, were you? Not with that differential in draft picks surrendered. BTW - Bell was traded to DET and doesn't play for DEN anymore. Henry projects to be capable of a 1500 yd rushing season, give or take 100 yds.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I should add that my answer isn't meant to bash you, but that such a huge disparity in draft picks that I can't help but think that you must be awfully new to FF, and maybe football overall, to not know that Parker & Henry are expected to have fairly similar performances this coming year.

If that's a valid assumption, that's cool, & welcome. The only way to learn is to ask. It's just odd given the nature of this board to see a decison like that having to be made with some advice. If you are failry new to this, stick around & you can learn a lot - just don't turn your back on guys like Sgt. Ryan or Grits & Shins.

:D

If I keep Travis Henry who then do I go after, knowing that the top guys (RB) are going to be taken? Do I draft RB,RB, QB (my 4th round pick is tied up with Chad Johnson)? Your thoughts? Last thing sorry I AM new to this so I want to follow along, what is ADP 1.08 and 1.11?

ADP = Average Draft Position (where the guy is taken on average) i.e. xx.yy=round.position in that round

As for draft strategy, need to know more about scoring and your draft position, but with keeping Henry, I would likely go RB, WR, WR/TE (Gates), WR/RB/QB, depending on who is there, but most likely not QB yet.

Edited by paulzale