[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 Rookies for Dynasty League

Hoosier

My dynasty league draft is coming up quick as well and I've been working through the same. I agree with Spinal Tap's top 3, except to throw the potential idea out there that if you're hard-up for a RB this year, Lynch might edge the great and powerful AP. AP is this year's Reggie Bush. Great player, who's going to split a lot of carries. Lynch look poised to become the workhorse in Buffalo right off the bat, meaning that his initial 1 or 2 seasons should be as if not more productive than APs. No, if this is depth for you this year and you're just looking ahead, then AP is the easy #1.

I actually traded up in my league to the 5th pick (couldn't get higher given the teams with needs at 1-4) and I'm expecting the top 4 off the board in front of me to be 1) AP, 2) Lynch, 3) Calvin, 4) QB (Russell/Quinn). If any of the Top 3 fall, they're my top pick at 5. After those, though, it really depends on what your needs are and your scoring. The three Jacksons are all decent Top 10 candidates in this format too: Brandon, Vincent, and Tarvaris (the latter of which I think is hugely under-rated in many leagues as people look to QBs with upside). Ginn, Jr. is a good bottom-st, top 2nd rd guy in this format too; he's not going to do much this season, but as Trent Green gets more comfortable his speed will make him a great long-term deep threat. Similar comment for Gonzalez in Indy -- good runner with a QB that like slot receivers when available.

So, there's more than 10 guys for which I think argument could be made for a first round pick in a dynasty draft.After the top 4-6 (again, depending on your scoring) there's a big drop-off in value, especially if you're hoping to grab young guys that will have an impact sooner rather than later.