[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TRADE: Thomas Jones/Laveranues Coles/Mark Clayton for Joseph Addai/Colston?

ttran

Passing: 1 point per 25 yards & 4 points per TD. Rushing and Receiving: 1 point per 10 yards & 6 points per TD

QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, K, DEF, WR/RB SLOT

My Team:

QB: Donavan Mcnabb

RB: Shawn Alexander, Willis Mcgahee, Thomas Jones

WR: Javon Walker, Donald Driver, Laveranues Coles

TE: Kellen Winslow

K: Matt Stover

Defense: Miami

Bench: Fred Taylor, Mark Clayton, Ben Roethslistburger, Jerry Portor, John Kasay, Jacksonville Jaguars Defense.

His Team:

QB Tom Brady

WR Marvin Harrison

WR Marques Colston

WR Terry Glenn

RB Joseph Addai

RB Marion Barber III

TE Dallas Clark

W/R Ashley Lelie

BN Jay Cutler

BN Wes Welker

BN Chris Cooley

BN Chris Henry

BN Ronald Curry

I came up with this idea because colston and coles are very similar in stats, but I personally think Colston will have a better year. Mcgahee and Jones for me is boom or bust, so I'd rather have someone like addai on my team. Clayton is my bench WR so I don't mind giving him up.

I think he would entertain this idea because his extra W/R slot is pretty weak. Ashley Lelie.

Would you accept this trade if you were him or would I have to give him someone like Fred Taylor instead of Clayton??

Edited by ttran

Two RBs is probably the sweeter pot for Addai/Colston.

Try dangling the original offer though - he might jump at it. I doubt it, but he might. IMO the guy with Addai and Colston is WAAAAAAAAAAY better off than the guy with Jones/Coles/Clayton. Jones/Taylor/Coles is far more equitable.

Two RBs is probably the sweeter pot for Addai/Colston.

Try dangling the original offer though - he might jump at it. I doubt it, but he might. IMO the guy with Addai and Colston is WAAAAAAAAAAY better off than the guy with Jones/Coles/Clayton. Jones/Taylor/Coles is far more equitable.

you don't think I'm asking too much though right? Addai is his #1 back, but he hasn't proven that he can handle the load alone yet. Should I throw Mcgahee in there instead of Jones?

you don't think I'm asking too much though right? Addai is his #1 back, but he hasn't proven that he can handle the load alone yet. Should I throw Mcgahee in there instead of Jones?

yes you are asking for too much. unless he's retarded, he will never do it.

yes you are asking for too much. unless he's retarded, he will never do it.

Do you have an explanation on why I am asking too much? Would you not be worried if you had Ashley Lelie as your W/R slot? A guy that caught 23 passes and had 1 td last year.

I think its pretty fair if you look at all the players involved.

Colston and Coles are close. both had very similar stats.

Hes getting 2 RBs for 1 RB. He would be losing if it was 1 rb for 1 rb. But the production he loses from giving away addai will be made up with Fred Taylor as his W/R slot + more.

Edited by ttran

Colston and Coles are close. both had very similar stats.

Hes getting 2 RBs for 1 RB. He would be losing if it was 1 rb for 1 rb. But the production he loses from giving away addai will be made up with Fred Taylor as his W/R slot + more.

Well, if it's so close, why don't you keep Coles, Taylor, and Jones, and watch him wallow in the nether regions of your league?

It depends on how he values players. I prefer Colston over Coles (I'm just no Coles fan) and while it's conceivable that Jones = Addai this year, I think most people are more sanguine about Addai's chances of emerging into studhood than Jones', who has proven that he is what he is - a good #2/marginal #1

Well, if it's so close, why don't you keep Coles, Taylor, and Jones, and watch him wallow in the nether regions of your league?

It depends on how he values players. I prefer Colston over Coles (I'm just no Coles fan) and while it's conceivable that Jones = Addai this year, I think most people are more sanguine about Addai's chances of emerging into studhood than Jones', who has proven that he is what he is - a good #2/marginal #1

Yes, I agree that Colston looks to be a better Receiver, but his stats won't blow away Coles.

Addai is also better/has more potential than Jones and prob Mcgahee.

The deal here is that he'll get a much better Slot option player than what he has now (Lelie).

You are prob right though. He won't let go of Addai.

Edited by ttran

Even Mcg/Coles/Clayton will prob not be enuf to get it done. As far as Coles numbers being close to Colstons, well Coles was # 1 wr all year, Colston was #2 but this year will be #1 and should improve on last years #'s while Coles will prob see a drop off as Cotchery grows and takes away from Coles . Put Walker with Mcgahee and Clayton and you might get lucky but probably not.