[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Auction League Advice needed

tarbell

I joined a keeper auction league this year with 16 teams, 200 cap and a single keeper at previous years auction price. Part of my buying in was I got the roster of a person who left the league. I kept SJax for 52 (knowing he would go for about 70) but now I am just not sure what to do. I am debating between 2 routes. 1) Go for LT and then just fill in the rest of the roster with who ever I can get in the 1-5 dollar range or 2) know that SJax is my star and just go for middle of the road players ~$30 to fill the roster.

One of the other interesting Quirks of this league is we draft a Team QB instead of the player, so for example if I draft the Ravens QB I get McNair, and if he goes out I would get the points for Boller for those games.

Below is a list of all the kept players and their prices, any advice would be appreciated.

Titans QB - $7

Frank Gore - $31

Saints QB - $8

Travis Henry - $8

Marion Barber - $6

Jacksonville D - $6

Colts QB - $53

Bills QB - $1

Pats QB - $30

Chargers QB - $5

Joseph Addai - $20

Brandon Jacobs - $2

Cedric Benson - $15

Steven Jackson - $52

LaMont Jordan - $31

Edited by tarbell

A few things:

1) This is in the wrong forum ... it will get moved tomorrow morning by one of the moderators, but there will be a link to the thread in the correct forum.

2) It depends on your scoring system, the number of teams, lineup requirements, etc. as to what you should do.

3) Generally speaking, I'm a fan of blowing your wad on getting the best starting lineup you can, and filling in with scrubs ... and hope that nobody of significance gets hurt.

...before this gets moved...

If you think SJax was going to sell for $70, LT2 has to go for $75 to $80. That could put your cap in the $127 - $132 range. Do you really need the top two players in FF? Personally, I think not. Get a solid #2 and two top WR's to start with, then fill in the rest of your team.

Because this is an auction, you never know how the flow of the bidding will go, but I would assure you that LT2 would cost too much to leave you with any kind of depth. One injury and you'd be finished. Later in auctions, you get tremendous value on some very good players and can build real depth. Grab a couple of great players early (see above), and sit back, price enforce, and grab those bargains to round out a solid, deep team.