[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4th Pick

RStett

A little help PLEASE!!!!!

12 team performance scoring.

I have the 4th pick, which means I don't pick again until the 9th pick in round 2. I already know (through some secret persuading) that L.T. will be first, Peyton Manning will go second (I don't know why) and Stephen Jackson will go 3rd. If you were me, do you take Frank Gore (had him last year) or do you take Larry Johnson who may be a little rusty having missed so much of the preseason?

I don't know what to do. I might just literally flip a coin. Please HELP!!!!

LJ won't be rusty, but he doesn't have the same blocking or QB as last year, so his #s will drop. Gore can't do much better than last year, although he could a little with A Smith maturing as a QB - IF (a big if) he can stay healthy. He is the riskiest from the injury bug standpoint.

So the real question is: can Addai improve enough - no longer having to share - to score more FF points than Gore? I think the answer is yes, to wit:

1) He's younger and less injury prone than Gore

2) The fact that the Colts got rid of the other vet guys tells us a lot about what they think of Addai's potential

3) He looked better towards the end of the year in 2006, including the playoffs and SB vs. some very good Ds; Gore - lets face it - didn't have to go vs. that many good Ds out in the NFC West

4) He can and should be the next Edge for them - and that's scary to opposing Ds\

But that's just my $.02, and I could be wrong.....