[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Methods

ChrisOSX

10 team league currently using a serpentine draft. 1 - 10 then 10 - 1 so the first owner gets the 1st, 20th, 21st picks and the last owner gets 10th, 11th, 30th picks.

Over the years it seems the guy who gets 10th & 11th has consistently been the top team or one of the top every year. Having first pick which is supposed to benefit the guy who finished dead last seems to ultimately put him at a disadvantage. I'd love to hear some alternative draft methods that have more parity. Our league is considering the following 3 options:

1. Last place finisher last year picks his draft spot and then we use a serpentine draft.

2. Draft like the NFL, last place finisher picks 1st and 11th, 21st, etc.

3. Keep the traditional serpentine draft.

A few years ago, my league was also finding that having the #1 pick was not an automatic advantage, so instead we allow the last place finisher from the prior season to pick their draft slot, with everyone after that from worst to first also picking their slots until the draft order is set.

A few years ago, my league was also finding that having the #1 pick was not an automatic advantage, so instead we allow the last place finisher from the prior season to pick their draft slot, with everyone after that from worst to first also picking their slots until the draft order is set.

We do the exact same thing in my big money league...

There really shouldn't be any difference. In fact, in my local 8 team league, the same guy has literally gotten the 8th pick like 9 of 10 years. He has never won and it's not like he's an idiot.

Allowing certain people to pick their spots is not more "fair" than drawing spots from a hat. Either way, it is totally random.