[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roster Size

Barbarian

I know there is no "right" answer, but how many roster slots do you think there should be for a league with 10 teams and a starting line-up of 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K and 1Def. For years, we've been playing with 8 starters (only 2WRs) and fourteen roster slots. The proposal this year is to add a third WR and keep the roster limit at 14.

I know there is no "right" answer, but how many roster slots do you think there should be for a league with 10 teams and a starting line-up of 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K and 1Def. For years, we've been playing with 8 starters (only 2WRs) and fourteen roster slots. The proposal this year is to add a third WR and keep the roster limit at 14.

If you only have 4 bench slots and 10 starting slots, you're going to have to drop your starters to cover bye weeks, which sucks. You'll also probably have to drop injured players outright , especially if it happens during bye weeks. My 10 starter leagues usually have 7 or 8 bench slots.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The proposal is for 9 starters and 14 total roster spots. 10 is the number of teams in the league.

It's a little better having 9 starters and 5 bench slots, but that still sounds like people are going to be forced to drop starters to cover byes and questionable injuries.

:D

It is a matter of preference.

In my local 12 team redraft league we start 9 and have a roster size of 16 (1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DF, 1 FLEX)

In my 12 team dynasty we start 9 and have a roster size of 20 (1 QB, 1 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 FLEX)

In my 10 team dynasty we start 9 and have a roster size of 24 (1 QB, 1 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 FLEX)

In another 12 team 3 player keeper league we start 9 and have a roster size of 18 (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DF, 1 FLEX)

In another 12 team 2 player keeper league we start 8 and have a roster size of 17 (1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 PK, 1 DF, 1 FLEX)

Holy crap!

9 starters & 14 roster spots? That's beyond razor thin & bordering on a league with a serious case of anorexia.

Be prepared for someone to win the league with acquisitions off the WW. I sure hope your league is using blind bid FA instead of worst-first or first-come first-serve. You're probably going to have a few rightfully pissed off owners otherwise.

Edited by Bronco Billy