[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Value for Larry Johnson

mercer27

What would be fair trade value for Larry Johnson?

Would you do this trade:

Willis McGahee & Larry Fitzgerald for Larry Johnson? I have Johnson, am I giving up too much?

My starting lineup:

QB - Brees

WR - Hines Ward/Galloway/Devery Henderson/Stallworth

RB - MJD/Fred Taylor/Larry Johnson

TE - Dan Graham

I think you're giving up too much. Any Denver QB is a risk imo, and you're giving up a top 5 RB for a top 15 RB and top 5 WR. With RB's at a premium, I think you're giving up too much. It's not an unreasonable offer, but I'd keep LJ.

Thanks, my league includes PPR ... so what do you think of this trade:

I give up:

Larry Johnson (RB)

Jeff Garcia (QB) - my backup QB

Ryan Longwell (K)

I get:

Westbrook (RB)

Laverneus (WR)

Losman (QB)

Feely (K)

Thanks, my league includes PPR ... so what do you think of this trade:

I give up:

Larry Johnson (RB)

Jeff Garcia (QB) - my backup QB

Ryan Longwell (K)

I get:

Westbrook (RB)

Laverneus (WR)

Losman (QB)

Feely (K)

Now you're going down hill. That tade is essentially LJ for Westbrook. That'd be a major :D

Now you're going down hill. That tade is essentially LJ for Westbrook. That'd be a major :D

Really? I figured I'm getting a #1 RB in Westbrook, who gets receptions as well and a #1 receiver in Laverneus who gets receptions and TD's for LJ.

I am not sold on LJ, his offensive line scares me, the fact that he has no QB scares me. Am I panicking for nothing?

Really? I figured I'm getting a #1 RB in Westbrook, who gets receptions as well and a #1 receiver in Laverneus who gets receptions and TD's for LJ.

I am not sold on LJ, his offensive line scares me, the fact that he has no QB scares me. Am I panicking for nothing?

I look at it as a major RB downgrade, including the fact that you're getting a RB that can't stay healthy, and getting a mid tier WR. Just not worth the 3rd best RB in the game.

Either way you are downgrading at RB and I would disagree that Coles is a #1WR, IMO at best a low-end tier #2WR. If you are that against LJ why not grab another top 20 RB if you can since you start both Taylor and MJD instead of a #20 WR - IMO anyways

OK, thanks for all the input. My plan of thought for the season is this:

QB- Brees

RB1 - MJD

RB2 - Fred Taylor (until injured)

WR1 - Hines Ward

WR2 - Galloway

WR3 - Stallworth or Devery Henderson

WR/RB - LJ

IMO, the only RB tandem you can start successfully is the JAX tandem because they are so evenly distributed. I guess I'm a little bit too worried about LJ...as I type this, last year, he didn't have Trent Green and he did awfully well!

What do you think of my starting lineup? Thanks!

I think you're giving up too much. Any Denver QB is a risk imo, and you're giving up a top 5 RB for a top 15 RB and top 5 WR. With RB's at a premium, I think you're giving up too much. It's not an unreasonable offer, but I'd keep LJ.

Did I miss something? How does the Denver QB factor into this trade? For that matter looks to me like there is not a Denver player involved or on the roster?

Anyway ... it is a decent offer but I would not do it for McGahee primarily because I concerned about McGahee's ability to stay healthy all season (why exactly DID Buffalo let him go anyway ... after drafting him and holding him a year).

Did I miss something? How does the Denver QB factor into this trade? For that matter looks to me like there is not a Denver player involved or on the roster?

Anyway ... it is a decent offer but I would not do it for McGahee primarily because I concerned about McGahee's ability to stay healthy all season (why exactly DID Buffalo let him go anyway ... after drafting him and holding him a year).

One other thing, I get PPR in my league - thats another reason why I value Westbrook alot