[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need some Advice with #10 pick in 10 team league

Need some advice, draft is tonight!!!

Passing TDs 4 or 6?

If they are 6 I go QB, RB - Manning, Parker

If those are the guys truly left I and passing TDs are worth 4.

go RB, RB - Parker, RJ

You will most likely be able to grab a pretty decent WR in 3 and 4.

How are both Rudi and Parker slipping to #10 in your draft? I am planning on choosing between those two at pick #7.

And at the turn like you are, I would still go RB/RB. If you had to wait 3-4 picks into the second round before you made your next selection, I think CJ/Smith would be in play. As it stands, you should still be able to grab a guy like Roy Williams when your turn comes up again in Round 3. Then either another good WR or go ahead and get your TE (Gates?) or your QB (Brees/Brady/Palmer).

Travis Henry should be in play as your RB2, as well as Reggie Bush and Portis. I don't see how you can pass those guys up when your 3rd-round alternatives are Jamal Lewis and Ahman Green.

Of course, if you have guys like the poster above, then all those QB's I mentioned may be gone because the TD's are worth 6 POINTS OMG!!

Edited by CardinalEmpire.com

How are both Rudi and Parker slipping to #10 in your draft? I am planning on choosing between those two at pick #7.

And at the turn like you are, I would still go RB/RB. If you had to wait 3-4 picks into the second round before you made your next selection, I think CJ/Smith would be in play. As it stands, you should still be able to grab a guy like Roy Williams when your turn comes up again in Round 3. Then either another good WR or go ahead and get your TE (Gates?) or your QB (Brees/Brady/Palmer).

Travis Henry should be in play as your RB2, as well as Reggie Bush and Portis. I don't see how you can pass those guys up when your 3rd-round alternatives are Jamal Lewis and Ahman Green.

Of course, if you have guys like the poster above, then all those QB's I mentioned may be gone because the TD's are worth 6 POINTS OMG!!

TD's are worth 4 points for passing. Thanks for the advice

I guess the issue i am dealing with is the new rule change in my league is adding 1 PPR. Which I would think would change things, as makes WR's more valuable then before. Thats why i was thinking not to go RB, RB as I usually would in my situation. As usual it will come down to who's available.

Does the PPR apply ONLY to WR? Because if not, why wouldn't you take a Reggie Bush or Westbrook (not sure he will stick around that long in a PPR)? Heck, even MJD takes on some additional value if he's getting 1 point per catch.

The PPR doesn't move WR's up because it is in play. It's not like CJ is getting the PPR while Donald Driver isn't. The ONLY impact it has is on RB's who grab more receptions than their counterparts (Bush, Westbrook, MJD, SJax, Gore, etc).

I'm not a big fan of Bush or any RBBC, but in a PPR league I think you might need to seriously consider him at that #10 spot.

Same position as you Rage and Fury. I've been deliberating also going RB/WR, same type league with RB's and WR's getting PPR. I would LOVE for Westy to fall to me at #10 but not sure if the league am in is that stupid. I think you're true choices (depending on who gets taken in front obviously) if it's a savvy league would be RJ, Henry, Maroney, Brown. Not great options, but if it's PPR, then I see both Westy and Reggie going first round. I think if EITHER of those two are at #10 you grab and run. Then your #2 RB is up to you, but I'd also consider Steve Smith or CJ and try to get a decent #2 RB in the third...

I just hate feasting from the bottom of the RB barrel at the end of the first round like you, and that's why the STUD WR is tempting me as my #2 pick. Let me know what you end up with

If at all possible in your PPR league, keep a very close eye on Reggie Bush, Brian Westbrook, and Maurice Jones-Drew.

Points per reception could make a huge difference down the stretch in your league. Reggie Bush for example last year got 86 receptions, which is equivalent to an extra 16 touchdowns. More about PPR here.. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/ppr.html

If at all possible in your PPR league, keep a very close eye on Reggie Bush, Brian Westbrook, and Maurice Jones-Drew.

Points per reception could make a huge difference down the stretch in your league. Reggie Bush for example last year got 86 receptions, which is equivalent to an extra 16 touchdowns. More about PPR here.. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/ppr.html

Thanks for regurgitating my advice and tossing in a little spam advertising. Maybe I should start a fantasy football blog... :D

PS - LMAO at lifting rankings from a competitor's website and discussing Green Bay WR Greg JONES (PSA: it's Greg Jennings... you figured that out halfway through the article, but then I was confused whether I was drafting a WR or a 3rd-string RB for the Jags).

Edited by CardinalEmpire.com