[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Too much for LaDainian Tomlinson?

dannahann

We start 2RB 3WR and 1RB/WR.

My current RB/WR include LaDainian Tomlinson, Clinton Portis, Brandon Jackson, Warrick Dunn, Mike Bell / Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, Braylan Edwards, Reggie Brown, DJ Hackett, Jerry Porter.

I'm not especially keen on Portis as my RB2 and was thinking of possibly moving Tomlinson for several upgrades. Are any of these options smart? too greedy and/or insulting?

Trade 1) LT, Dunn, Porter for Westbrook, Norwood, Holt

Trade 2) LT, Edwards, Porter for Westbrook, Shaun Alexander, Holt

Trade 3) LT, Dunn, Porter for Addai, Benson, Lee Evans

Trade 4) LT, Dunn, Porter for Addai, Ronnie Brown, Lee Evans

Trade 5) LT, Dunn, Porter for Brandon Jacobs, Jones-Drew, Fitzgerald

Trade 6) LT, Dunn, Porter for Brandon Jacobs, Jones-Drew, Colston

Trade 7) LT, Edwards, Porter, for Brandon Jacobs, Larry Johnson, Colston (or Fitz?)

Trade 8) LT, Braylan, Porter for Parker, McGahee, Plaxico

Trade 9) LT, Porter for Maroney, Reggie Bush

Trade 10) LT, Dunn, Porter for Gore, McCallister, Harrison

I'm a seasoned baseball roto guy and trades just like this have served me REAL well. But from my less extensive football experience it's seems much more about week to week matchups. Are trades of the very top studs to solidify several slots as successful in football? Should I even offer LT up OR am I asking way too much? Please help a serious roto (but very casual) H2H footballer out. Thanks.

No. You don't trade the best player in the league because you're not happy with Clinton Portis.

Also, you should always try to avoid trading away the best player in a trade, you have to find a way that the best player involved comes to you.

Finally, LT scores like 2 RBs. Just keep that in mind, hold your nose and keep Portis. Many are down on the Skins this year, in part because it just seems fashionable. They're going to surprise. My .02.

Hey thanks for the help so far guys. This is my first post here and you all seem so insightful. From the responses it seems the tatic of trading the stud for real upgrades elsewhere is much more successful in roto baseball than in H2H football. Am I ever glad I decided to search for some football experts rather than just post my offers.