[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo for B.Jacobs

MothAudio

I have RBs to burn on my squad and my QBs are my weakest link. Another owner has three QBs; Brees, Romo and Shaub. Would it be giving up too much to offer B.Jacobs for Romo? His RBs are S-Jax, Portis and F.Taylor, so he needs help at that position. Romo may not be much of an upgrade over Ben and Culter. Should I wait to see how they do early on or should I offer the trade now? Also Garrard and Losman are available on the WW. I could drop Foster, who hasn't shown much in the pre-season. 10 team / re-draft league. We can start three RBs.

LightningBolts

1. (6) Joseph Addai RB

2. (20) Travis Henry RB

3. (21) Rudi Johnson RB

4. (40) Marques Colston WR

5. (41) Brandon Jacobs RB

6. (60) Javon Walker WR

7. (61) Marion Barber III RB

8. (80) Devery Henderson WR

9. (81) Ben Roethlisberger QB

10. (100) Jay Cutler QB

11. (101) DeShaun Foster RB

12. (120) Alge Crumpler TE

13. (121) Miami DEF

14. (140) L. Betts RB

15. (141) Jason Elam K

16. (160) London Fletcher DL

17. (161) D. Ryans DL

18. (180) DJ Hackett WR

QB, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (40 yards per point; 1 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 350 yards)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-1)

Rushing Yards (12 yards per point; 1 points at 120 yards; 5 points at 135 yards)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (.5)

Reception Yards (20 yards per point; 1 points at 135 yards; 5 points at 150 yards)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-2)

Edited by MothAudio

Thanks that's good to hear. Ben looked decent early in the pre-season and I drafted him while loading up on RBs, but he hasn't impressed me in later starts [minus Willie] and I suppose I was 2nd guessing my QBs, knowing I have guys to burn for trade bait.

Edited by MothAudio

Agreed ... keep your depth if it meant Romo replacing (comeback player of the year candidate) Roethlisberger ... but what would it take to get Brees from him? He may be kicking hiself over taking Portis as it shook out ... If he hates Portis and is a Steeler or Bronco homer, there might be a better option ...

Henry and either Roeth/Cutler for Brees?

Not sure I'd take it, but I think I might offer it if I thought it would be attractive to the other owner for homer reasons ... :D

I agree Romo is more of a lateral move. I was thinking of offering Jacobs [and/i] London Fletcher for Brees. I have DeMeco Ryans as a "D" starter and he has Freeney. So an upgrade for him, and I can afford to cut loose the highest scoring defensive player in our league. This guy took Brees in the 2nd and will be hard pressed to let him go.