[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green Bay - Kick Returner

JaysGoingDown

Who will be this year's primary kick returner in Green Bay?

Looks like Blackmon's broken thumb will keep him out. If KRob comes back it could be him. No one is definite right now.

Last I heard-

Blackmon questionable for returns

Will Blackmon's availability for punt and kickoff returns is in question for Sunday's opener as he continues to recover from a broken thumb.

The second-year pro was named the primary return man in the preseason, but special teams coordinator Mike Stock said today Blackmon hasn't proven he can handle the jobs with a cast on his left hand.

"I ain't seen him catch the ball," Stock said. "He was back there (for punt returns in practice today) — I didn't go back there — but I didn't see him try to field the ball. He said he can field 'em fine, but I was looking for evidence, and I didn't see it."

Last year's primary punt returner, veteran Charles Woodson, could resume that duty if Blackmon isn't ready and is listed atop the depth chart on the Packers' Web site. Greg Jennings, James Jones and Tramon Williams also are options.

Williams, whose surprising appearance on the 53-man roster likely was related to his return ability, would return kickoffs if Blackmon cannot, Stock said. Rookie running back DeShawn Wynn is expected to be the second deep man regardless.

Blackmon has a Bennett's fracture at the base on his thumb. Complicating matters is the fact that the cast Blackmon wears on game day is different than the one he wears in practice; trainers must tighten it and apply molding to make it less club-like. Stock said he's not sure whether the game-day cast might be too heavy.