[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints a one-year wonder?

millerx

Lots of knee-jerking today after 1 game. They got manhandled by the Super Bowl Champions for 1 half. Lets not jump overboard just yet.

:D

That would have been the point of my previous post. I still think the Saints are among the best in the NFC, but let's see how they get it together next week.

Lots of knee-jerking today after 1 game. They got manhandled by the Super Bowl Champions for 1 half. Lets not jump overboard just yet.

Lots of knee jerking, and some homerism here at work as well me thinks. NO will get their share of wins, but dreams of a Supe appearance are premature. Don't let the majic of last year's season convince you that Brees, Colston, et all, are going to repeat the kind of year they had last year, until they do it again. I still smart over trading for a second year WR named Clayton a couple years ago. Lesson learned. I need to see players and teams do it two years in a row before I bandwagon jump, either on or off. I stayed away form the Saints in my drafts... so that is hardly a knee jerk. I still say that most skill position players on the Saints went too high in most drafts. Didn't see anything last night to change my mind.

• 3 weeks later...

This is an older thread, but I was curious about everyone's thoughts about the Saints now. Losing to the Colts is one thing for opening night jitters, but now they have been beaten soundly by both the Bucs (everyone thought they were a bad team) and the Titans another up and coming team to fall to 0-3. As a Panthers fan... I am loving the fact that it may be up to the Bucs and the Panthers to win the division as the Saints have more problems, especially losing Deuce for the year last night.

Everyone was ready to annoint the Saints back in August and now those people are jumping off the bandwagon and getting hurt as the fall off and hit the ground with a thump. :D

Edited by PSULions

This is an older thread, but I was curious about everyone's thoughts about the Saints now. Losing to the Colts is one thing for opening night jitters, but now they have been beaten soundly by both the Bucs (everyone thought they were a bad team) and the Titans another up and coming team to fall to 0-3. As a Panthers fan... I am loving the fact that it may be up to the Bucs and the Panthers to win the division as the Saints have more problems, especially losing Deuce for the year last night.

Everyone was ready to annoint the Saints back in August and now people are jumping off the bandwagon can getting hurt as the fall off and hit the ground with a thump. :D

Ahhhh...yes, I remember starting this thread... thanks PSULions :D

It's interesting to read back through all the posts and see the responses...

I was just curious when I originally started this, and have been actually kinda surprised that NO has indeed followed my premonition.

When you're wrong, you're wrong. Not ashamed to admit it.

There are tons of parts that need fixed but I think it all starts on that Offensive line. They have played like garbage. They can't run block. They can't pass protect. And if you can't do either one of those things your offense gets off the field pretty quick. Which leaves an average defense playing more and more as the game wears on.