[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tickets needed for Chiefs/Vikings game in KC

Chadman

I am planning on meeting a friend in KC to go to this game on the 23rd. We are both from Minnesota, but I will be visiting my kids in Missouri the days before the game, and will be heading to KC Saturday night - meeting my buddy somewhere there. We are planning to get a hotel room somewhere near the stadium for both Sat and Sun nights so we can really enjoy the experience (meaning get drunk as Vikings and not drive). Some thoughts...

Is our best option for tickets just to scan e-Bay or Craigslist? I'd guess we could find them cheaper than a local ticket broker, or walking up to the stadium that day. But, maybe not? Anyone know of anyone selling two tickets for that game? Any good local options for getting tickets?

Also, wondering if we can experience the tailgating if we don't drive and park in one of the lots there - seems like it's a no-brainer, but maybe they control those lots and you have to have a pass? We would also think about getting the package with the good lot parking pass so we could drive there and maybe tailgate some that way. I know it's an awesome tailgate party in KC.

Any ideas on a fairly decent hotel that's not too pricey in the stadium area? If we don't tailgate/drive, we probably will take a taxi to and from the game.

Thanks for any ideas. I am pretty familiar with the area there, just have never gone through this particular exercise, and want it to be a blast.

Edited by Chadman

Thanks, man. I do want to keep a lid on the overall cost of my trip - much of it is centered around the kids down there before the game and will have hotel stays every night, looks like, food, etc. My ballpark area per ticket is no more than $100 per for two, and would prefer less if possible. I've seen plenty on E-bay that look pretty good at that level, and I don't care too much if the seats are higher up in the middle of the field or lower and closer to the field. Since we have two nights out on Saturday and Sunday plus the hotel there, we will want to control costs as best we can without being too cheap. From what I remember of Arrowhead, not too many bad seats anywhere there.